RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultima Live - In Game Map Editing Framework

Sythen

Sorceror
We're all good man, I responded to the pm you sent. ;)

Stress sucks, I get it; what relieves mine is a little comic relief off YouTube or TruTv... LOL Seriously man, laugh for about an hour at the misfortunes of others and you too will feel like a new person ! :)

okay boys and girls, shows over! Everyone can go home, curl up onto their couch and watch reality tv now...

Warstone

Sorceror
When I said this process, I mean the process of decrypting the client.exe.
Nice joke. Thanks. This is true for owners, that can only download runuo and some scripts from here. Normal shards (RP or smth like this) must go far... I'm looking for one of them... They hack into client (ok, using my manuals :p ) and change map sizes to 20K*8K (There problem with radar, if you make it more, and i was too lazy finding and fixing it in client), they change start screen, so you do not need to choose skills and start place. This is all just skipped (ok, not skipped, just don't showing. In fact right now they are trying to use DX9 instead of DDraw in client)...

Again... If you want to make custom and cool server you MUST know how to hack into client... And about Razor... Reflector is all for it. This is why I don't like C#... All code can be restored, the only losses is names of private variables in functions.

Safera

Page
I finally got around to trying this out.

I found that I could run ULE in my main RunUO folder, but if I did that, then the ULEtool that GoldDraco13 wrote would not work. So, I moved my "Server Files" folder into my scripts folder and was able to get both to work, but then I got the same error the aforementioned register error (see error below).

So, I commented out line 38 in ClientFileExport.cs
//Properties.Register();
and everything works fine...but I have a feeling that's an important line to keep intact?
Should I be doing something differently? Keep in mind I get no errors if the "Server Files" folder is in my main RunUO directory, only if I move it.

I am testing using the Ultima Live v0.50 Alpha and OrbSA 2.0 version of RunUO.

ERROR:--------------
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 4607.19978
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 4.0.30319
Core: Optimizing for 2 64-bit processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 9 warnings)
Warnings:
+ Customs/MapOperations.cs:
CS0108: Line 61: 'UltimaLive.MapOperationSeries.BlockNumber' hides inherited
member 'UltimaLive.BaseMapOperation.BlockNumber'. Use the new keyword if hiding
was intended.
CS0108: Line 66: 'UltimaLive.MapOperationSeries.MapNumber' hides inherited m
ember 'UltimaLive.BaseMapOperation.MapNumber'. Use the new keyword if hiding was
intended.
+ Items/Addons/BaseAddonContainer.cs:
CS0108: Line 41: 'Server.Items.BaseAddonContainer.Resource' hides inherited
member 'Server.Items.BaseContainer.Resource'. Use the new keyword if hiding was
intended.
+ Expansions/Stygian Abyss/SA Mobiles/SA Peerless/SlasherOfVeils.cs:
CS0114: Line 115: 'Server.Mobiles.SlasherOfVeils.FireRing()' hides inherited
member 'Server.Mobiles.BasePeerless.FireRing()'. To make the current member ove
rride that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keywo
rd.
+ Custom Systems/UpdateFiles.cs:
CS0168: Line 123: The variable 'result' is declared but never used
CS0168: Line 123: The variable 'resultOLD' is declared but never used
+ Customs/MapChangeTracker.cs:
CS0168: Line 136: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
CS0168: Line 213: The variable 'e' is declared but never used
CS0168: Line 300: The variable 'ecc' is declared but never used
+ Customs/MapRegistry.cs:
CS0436: Line 80: The type 'Server.Network.LoginComplete' in 'c:\Users\user\D
ocuments\UO\Races\OrbSVN20 - Copy\Scripts\Customs\packets.cs' conflicts with the
imported type 'Server.Network.LoginComplete' in 'c:\Users\user\Documents\UO\Rac
es\OrbSVN20 - Copy\Orb_Server.exe'. Using the type defined in 'c:\Users\user\Doc
uments\UO\Races\OrbSVN20 - Copy\Scripts\Customs\packets.cs'.
+ Customs/UltimaLive.cs:
CS0219: Line 795: The variable 'newTileCount' is assigned but its value is n
ever used
CS1717: Line 687: Assignment made to same variable; did you mean to assign s
omething else?
CS1717: Line 687: Assignment made to same variable; did you mean to assign s
omething else?
CS1717: Line 688: Assignment made to same variable; did you mean to assign s
omething else?
CS1717: Line 689: Assignment made to same variable; did you mean to assign s
omething else?
CS1717: Line 690: Assignment made to same variable; did you mean to assign s
omething else?
CS1717: Line 691: Assignment made to same variable; did you mean to assign s
omething else?
CS1717: Line 692: Assignment made to same variable; did you mean to assign s
omething else?
CS1717: Line 693: Assignment made to same variable; did you mean to assign s
omething else?
+ ULEtool/Gumps/ULEG.cs:
CS0219: Line 704: The variable 'first' is assigned but its value is never us
ed
+ ULEtool/Targets/ULETarget.cs:
CS0162: Line 324: Unreachable code detected
Errors:
+ Customs/ClientFileExport.cs:
CS0117: Line 38: 'Server.Commands.Properties' does not contain a definition
for 'Register'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Praxiiz

Sorceror
//Properties.Register();
isn't really needed. You should be good to go.

I was working on a patching archival system so that I could verify the system across various clients, but at some point EA has apparently taken down their RT patch server. That means the patching archival project isn't worth the effort. So my next step will be to work towards the newest client. Does anyone have any info on the UOP format?

Thagoras

Sorceror
I'm really hoping this project hasn't been abandoned.

My shard maps are nearing completion and I've finally had a chance to try this out. My desire for this system was primarily just to allow me to use multiple custom maps.

I've run into a few issues.

First, I'm not sure the compatibility of the latest razor with the client files. I've copied the files to the razor folder. You weren't clear on overwrite...so I assumed yes. Razor's loader is 57k and yours is 16k...I'm thinking this may be part of the crash. Razor is looking for something that isn't there. I run the setup and for the most part, there's nothing for it to do. And then when done, Razor crashes on load. Thanks to the spiffy graphic razor uses, I can't read the error message.

Second, when I start my shard, I get only two errors. There may be more problems yet to find, but it stops here. It says line 29 UltimaLiveQuery in MovementQuery.cs is missing a cast or something like that (missing the initial reference somewhere...perhaps it's not needed). And then in MapOperations.cs, line 407 it's having the issues with LandTile.

I've read through the whole thread and nobody else seems to have the same difficulties. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm running XP sp3. Client 7.0.28.0. And RunUO 2.1 with a ton of customs.

Praxiiz

Sorceror
This project hasn't been abandoned, RL has just taken up all my time. I'm moving again this January, and I am hoping to continue development on it after the move.

The latest release of Ultima Live doesn't support the lastest OSI client because some of their file formats have changed. As soon as I get some more development time into this project, I plan to update to the new UOP format.

Ultima Live is loaded into Razor by replacing Razor's Loader.dll. The Reloader.dll that is included in the project simply loads Ultima Live the first time it gets called, and then subsequent calls just call Razor's original Loader.dll.

As soon as I can get to a copy of the code base, I'll try to look up the error's you're having.

Thagoras

Sorceror
Thank you for explaining how Razor interacts with the loader. It's been a little while since I've "programmed" in batch and it seems that it's changed a bit. I was having difficulty following the program flow. I got razor working now.

I really can't even fathom the nexus, the possibilities are endless with this.. actually it would be difficult creating enough content to populate all those maps, lol. Great work. Amazing if it really functions as stated ;):)

Vaul

Traveler
I'd love to try this on 2.3, I've been wanting to play with the map & make it more useful. Especially Malas...that land is almost useless.

Xavier_WER

Sorceror
I've been trying to get this to work to no avail,
I'm running a fresh runuo install with the latest distro
Got a fresh install of 7.0.15.0

however everytime I attempt to make a map change or static change the server crashes.

EDIT:
Found the solution in alexsperis post on page 9. ty

Praxiiz

Sorceror
Just wanted to give a status on the current development of this system. I am currently trying to get an idea of what it would take to decouple this system from Razor. I am also looking at the time it would take to support uop files and the new client.

alexsperi

Sorceror
Urrah! ;)
I think that decoupling your system from Razor is a very good idea.
Please let us know any new improvement in this direction :)