RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] Ultima Live Map Streamer and Editor 0.97

No permission to download

Praxiiz

Sorceror
I've confirmed the staticsX.mul 0 byte file issue above is only when running Ultima Live on the local computer, if I run the server on a remote IP the streaming works properly.

That is a really odd issue. I usually develop using just a single PC running Windows 7 64 bit. We might be able to track it down using windows process monitor. (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx) If you have it running it will show what a process is doing in terms of registry entries and especially for this case, file activity. Many times it will show you error messages when a process is trying to write to a file but fails. That could give us some insight into what files the client is actually loading, and why it can't stream to localhost.

I need to add more error checking to UltimaLive and more useful messages when things go wrong.

Praxiiz

Sorceror
If you want the client to automatically update when it is at a point on the map where something has changed, then yes, it takes up a little extra bandwidth.

If you just want to be able to use more than 6 maps and you distribute the maps beforehand to all your players, you can safely turn off streaming and it won't use extra bandwidth.

Vhaldir

Sorceror
Praxiiz, I love what you've done so far. I have implemented your live system here and am now expanding upon it to allow player terraforming of the map. Still in its infant stages atm, but coming along nicely. Next on the list is constructing an algorithm for placement of water (to fill a hole and border itself along the 'shores'). If anyone is interested in joining in on this project, feel free to contact me :)

Praxiiz

Sorceror
Praxiiz, I love what you've done so far. I have implemented your live system here and am now expanding upon it to allow player terraforming of the map. Still in its infant stages atm, but coming along nicely. Next on the list is constructing an algorithm for placement of water (to fill a hole and border itself along the 'shores'). If anyone is interested in joining in on this project, feel free to contact me :)

Player terraforming is a cool idea. I am glad you enjoy the system amd I am glad to see other systems being made from it. Let me know if you have any questions.

Praxiiz

Sorceror
I have been doing some maintenance on UltimaLive lately and have rearranged some of the client side internals with the goal of making it more maintainable. I'm also working on the crash issue that the newest clients are experiencing. The next client side release should check all memory addresses and client dependencies up front and abort if it determines the client is not compatible with the release of UL. The debug version also has had it's console overhauled with color, time stamps and easy to see success/failure status messages to assist in troubleshooting.

zerodowned

Sorceror
I've read through most of the pages on this subject and have a question:

Has anyone tried making a custom building, setting it as static and converting to a townhouse using knives system?? Specifically while using Ultima Live and on a custom map.

Vhaldir

Sorceror
When you say "Setting it as static", do you mean freezing it into the map..?
-I use Knives Town Housing system on my server.. so yes, if this is the case ;)

zerodowned

Sorceror
yes, sorry, I meant freezing items.
good to hear that it works.

I tried out Ultima Live last night, a very nice system. Makes me wish I had custom maps to play around with. Hopefully more servers that have custom maps will use this system

I realize there's plenty of custom maps out there. Some for free. Finally going to look into using custom maps.

joshw

Sorceror
Praxiiz submitted a new resource:

Ultima Live Map Streamer and Editor (version 0.63) - Adds support for streaming and editing maps while the game is running

Read more about this resource...

The install instructions are a bit fuzzy where do folders go and seems like there needs to be a little more clear on how to install this. Looks like a great Tool. I myself are a bit fuzzy been awhile since messing around with RunUo so please could you provide a better installation instructions.

Praxiiz

Sorceror

joshw

Sorceror
Having Fatal errors and running it as an admin

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.2, Build 4589.19180
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 64-bit processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts...done (use -vb to enable)
Scripts: Verifying...done (3854 items, 1012 mobiles) (2.21 seconds)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...Loading Ultima Live map changes
Error:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an obj
ect.
at UltimaLive.CRC.OnLoad()
at Server.WorldLoadEventHandler.Invoke()
at Server.World.Load()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

Alcsaar

Sorceror
Getting this error following the step by step guide on the pdf

Code:
Errors:
+ Mobiles/PlayerMobile.cs:
    CS0102: Line 97: The type 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile' already contains a d
efinition for 'BlockQuery'
    CS0102: Line 98: The type 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile' already contains a d
efinition for 'm_PreviousMapBlock'
    CS0102: Line 99: The type 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile' already contains a d
efinition for 'm_UltimaLiveMajorVersion'
    CS0102: Line 100: The type 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile' already contains a
definition for 'm_UltimaLiveMinorVersion'
    CS0102: Line 103: The type 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile' already contains a
definition for 'UltimaLiveMajorVersion'
    CS0102: Line 115: The type 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile' already contains a
definition for 'UltimaLiveMinorVersion'

playermobile is to large to post but here is the section its referring to.

Code:
      /* Begin UltimaLive Mod */
        public static UltimaLiveQuery BlockQuery;
        private int m_PreviousMapBlock = -1;
        private int m_UltimaLiveMajorVersion = 0;
        private int m_UltimaLiveMinorVersion = 0;

[CommandProperty(AccessLevel.GameMaster, true)]
        public int UltimaLiveMajorVersion
        {
            get
            {
                return m_UltimaLiveMajorVersion;
            }
            set
            {
                m_UltimaLiveMajorVersion = value;
            }
        }
        [CommandProperty(AcessLevel.GameMaster, true)]
        public int UltimaLiveMinorVersion
        {
            get
            {
                return m_UltimaLiveMinorVersion;
            }
            set
            {
                m_UltimaLiveMinorVersion = value;
            }
        }
        /* End UltimaLive Mod */

m309

Squire
Those errors mean just what they say: PlayerMobile already contains all of that info. Do a search within the file for BlockQuery and then remove the section. It looks like you duplicated the entire thing.

john burns

Sorceror
I am getting this code applying UOLive Map running on linux.

+ Mobiles/PlayerMobile.cs:
CS0019: Line 1761: Operator `!=' cannot be applied to operands of type `Server.Mobiles.UltimaLiveQuery' and `bool'
CS0019: Line 2435: Operator `!=' cannot be applied to operands of type `Server.Mobiles.UltimaLiveQuery' and `bool'