Unable to interact with items places using CentrEd

Discussion in 'CentrED' started by Archaaz, Jan 13, 2018 at 6:25 AM.

1. Archaaz

Archaaz Sorceror

As I was designing my shard, I used CentrEd to modify Map 0. I launched about a year ago, and now wish to make a few modifications to the map. I created a new building, but upon logging in to test it, discovered that I am unable to interact with it. I cannot teleport onto the tiles, use [props on the tiles, or add statics or items to ton top of them, basically any sort of command that requires targeting any of the tiles that make up the structure do not work, it just kills the targeting icon. Otherwise, the new structure is intact.

CentrED stopped working on my old laptop, and I re-downloaded it recently for my new laptop. It seems to work as it did before. I am likewise able to interact with tile placed previously in a normal manner, teleport onto them, place statics on the, etc.

Perhaps I did something incorrect in setting it up. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

Your .mul files have to match. The server uses a set and the client uses a set, if they're not on the server it won't let you walk on it and such.

Archaaz likes this.
  3. Archaaz

Archaaz Sorceror

Do you mean the CentrED server uses one and the client, or RunUO and the client? The tiles I put on the map using CentrED before work fine, it is only the ones I added today with the (relatively) newly installed CentrED. I am able to walk on the new tiles, though, just not use commands on them. It an older version: 0.6.3.

4. Archaaz

Archaaz Sorceror

I am also using two UO clients, one to make the map changes and test them, and one for the actual live server. I switch back and forth as necessary.

5. Archaaz

Archaaz Sorceror

Ah, I think I understand. If I have updated the map files on the client I am using to connect CentrED, I need to also update the map files on the VPS server as well, else they show up, but I cannot interact with them. Thanks!!

6. Archaaz

Archaaz Sorceror

And a special thanks, @Enroq, for all the help you have given me and so many others over the years!

7. Enroq

Enroq Sorceror

Sorry I left you hanging. Been sleeping odd hours.

Thanks for the kind words, sire. :)

8. Archaaz

Archaaz Sorceror

Certainly, sir! I sleep odd hours myself these days.