RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unbankable Items

JerrodWofford

Sorceror
I would like to make a modification to spellbooks that not only make them "unblessed", but also make them unable to be placed in a bank box. I want magery to be a rarity on my shard, and for the spellbooks to be worth a ton for thier rarity as well. Anyone know how to make this happen?

Tresdni

Squire
Just take out LootType = LootType.Blessed; Or even change it to LootType.Cursed;.

As for the banking thing, would have to add an override to the drop, and make it return false :) Not entirely specific, but I'm at work, sorry.

JerrodWofford

Sorceror
Thanks for the reply. I think i can handle unblessing the book, can you be a bit more specific on how making it unbankable? I'm pretty new to scripting and at this point can only alter a script if i have an example of what i want to do in another script lol.

What's with non-scripters always using charm for their requests, as if that's like a gulley to our hearts? Don't you comprehend the time it takes to script a piece? Shee-qizz.

Kukkolka

Sorceror
I'm charmed. I'm at work as well, yet I'll try to get this from the head. Find spellbook.cs in items/skillitems/magical somewhere.
If the spellbook.cs dosnt have a OnDroppedInto function, then add this, if it does exist... then its pretty odd.

Code:
 public override bool OnDroppedInto( Mobile from, Container target, Point3D p )
        {
        Container bankBox = from.BankBox;
            if ( bankBox != null && !bankBox.Deleted && target.IsChildOf( bankBox ) )
            {
                from.SendMessage("You can not store your spell books inside your bank");
                return false;
            }
            return base.OnDroppedInto( from, target, p );
        }

I can not guarantee this will work, i didn't use it or try it.