RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unhandled exception in UO Architect 2.6

jpMocs

Wanderer
Unhandled exception in UO Architect 2.6

Hi all... posted this on orbsydia, but with the site conversion, thought I might get a quicker answer here...

Just installed UO Architect, running on RunUO 2.0. I can connect fine, and "build" seems to work fine. But if I hit "editor" or "preview" I get an "Unhandled exception"... I just brought up the one for "Editor" so I could log it:

"The type initializer for "Ultima TileData" threw an exception"

Not sure where it is looking for TileData... I have the client in the default directory, I am working on a client remotely connected (by LAN) to the RunUO server.

Here are the details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "Ultima.TileData" threw an exception. ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Attempted to access a path that is not on the disk.
at Ultima.Client.GetFilePath(String file)
at Ultima.TileData..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Ultima.TileData.get_ItemTable()
at UOArchitect.HouseComponent..ctor(Int32 index, Int32 z)
at UOArchitect.HouseDesign..ctor(DesignData fileHeader)
at UOArchitect.DesignsPanel.OpenSelectedDesignInEdito r()
at UOArchitect.DesignsPanel.btnDesigner_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2443
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
UO Architect
Assembly Version: 1.0.2045.26918
Win32 Version: 1.0.2045.26918
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/John/Desktop/work/UO%20Architect%202.6/UOAR%20Client%202.6/UO%20Architect.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2443
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
UOArchitectInterface
Assembly Version: 1.0.2045.26917
Win32 Version: 1.0.2045.26917
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/John/Desktop/work/UO%20Architect%202.6/UOAR%20Client%202.6/UOArchitectInterface.DLL
OrbServerSDK
Assembly Version: 1.0.1675.23963
Win32 Version: 1.0.1675.23963
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/John/Desktop/work/UO%20Architect%202.6/UOAR%20Client%202.6/OrbServerSDK.DLL
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.runtime.remoting/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.runtime.remoting.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/accessibility/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/accessibility.dll
Ultima
Assembly Version: 1.0.2045.26917
Win32 Version: 1.0.2045.26917
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/John/Desktop/work/UO%20Architect%202.6/UOAR%20Client%202.6/Ultima.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
btw your error is cause by wrong path with ultima.dll, maybe you can solve changin you current dll with a newer version.

jpMocs

Wanderer
Any idea where I can find a newer one? I dl'd this one from orbsydia! Maybe I need an older one! :)

Anyone who has a working copy PLEASE send it to me!

Khaybel

Sorceror
accually I'm making the latest version uoar architect open source shortly on our site via/svn with another number of systems we'e been working, but prefer to support it on orbsydia vs having to jump over here. Just getting things sorted out. Also looking for people to help with helps etc.

Kons.snoK;821756 said:
yup.. i don't know who is the developer, but he's part of obsyrdia's staff.. Good luck ;)

Xandor and I worked on UOAR together, xandor coded it, I did design art and some other systems for it, everything for it s support on www.orbsydia.ca

jpMocs

Wanderer
With the help of HellRazor (ok, he figured it out, I just did what he said) we got it running...

Here was the problem, in case anyone else runs into this:

As I mentioned, the client didn't install keys in the registry for some reason. What it DID do was make an empty entry for:

EA Games->Ultima Online 2D Client->5.0.9

I had added ExePath, InstCDPath, PatchExePath, StartExePath and Upgraded to 5.0.9, and then created a 1.0 and added them there, all of which did no good. What finally DID fix the problem was that it was apparently looking in:

Origin Worlds Online->Ultima Online->1.0

Once I created that key, and added the strings to it... worked like a little trooper...

Thanks to everyone who looked into this...

Merry Christmas, Chappy Chanuka, Krazy Kwanza, Yippie Yule... whatever is your pleasure, hope you had a great day!

Khaybel

Sorceror
my self and few others are working on putting together an updated version uoar, I'll post more info when down, we're currently working on a side project that will make a lot of uo world builders really happy when done. As for source, xandor and I built uoar, you can look me up on orb as atheyus account. Once I sort out some svn issues on my server I'll be releasing source for those wanting to learn or build off it. cheers

bahmut

Sorceror
can anyone explain to me how to set up this registry key that jpMocs did to make my architect work right. Anything above 2.4 freezes up my entire system.