RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Unknown] Just a large building

Vindekator

Sorceror
[Unknown] Just a large building

This is a fairly large 3 storey building (45x33 + patio ). Could be used as a guild hall or whatever. I just had fun making it and really liked the central stairs. To use just type "[add vind001 true true true" to get the three optional features: balcony, third floor stairs, and crenallations.

Large pictures and downloads are available at http://ironhorse.starshipctm.com

I'm going to try making a gump for the options. Never did it before.....

---------------------------

I've fixed the stairwell on the third floor. Commented the lines I changed.

Attachments

• Vind001.jpgs.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 505
  • Vind001.0.1.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 419

ii.

Sorceror
ok theres a little problem on the stairs when you gown up the second flight of stairs on the left side you cant go abck down on the left side might want to look into that

WesNyle

Wanderer
Yeah....

Hi im kinda new doing this but, how do I install this and make it work? I downloaded both Zip files. And do I copy and paste the one Notepad file I have somewhere and then what? Sorry. Please help

Vindekator

Sorceror
How to use

WesNyle said:
Hi im kinda new doing this but, how do I install this and make it work? I downloaded both Zip files. And do I copy and paste the one Notepad file I have somewhere and then what? Sorry. Please help
Sorry I left off the basics. Just put the vind001.cs file in you Custom script folder. If you haven't made one yet then just create a folder named "Custom" in the "Scripts" folder of your RunUO installation. Mine is "C:\Program Files\RunUO\Scripts\Custom" but you probably have a different base path. After you do that just restart your server and use the command "[add vind001 {balcony} {stairs} {crenallations}" where the words in braces are replaced with either "true" or "false". The features will either be there or not as you choose.

Happy building.

Vindekator

Sorceror
Problem with stairs

ii. said:
ok theres a little problem on the stairs when you gown up the second flight of stairs on the left side you cant go abck down on the left side might want to look into that

I'll look at that tonight! Thanks.

Liacs

Sorceror
Wow that looks great... like in biiiiig... can you tell us the dimensions? Would be interesting as my cities are not too big :)

Thanks

Lia

Vindekator

Sorceror
The basic layout would go in a 46 by 45 tile block. The building itself is 45 by 33 while the patio brings it out to 45. On the backside are three stairs which I added on after I had most of it done and so have a -1 X value making the total size 46 by 45. When positioning keep in mind the back steps which will jut out.

Vindekator

Sorceror
Small screenshots are above and in the jpgs.zip which also has the larger versions. I haven't built a composite of the whole building yet.

Vindekator

Sorceror
Lag Reply

grimm92 said:
This building is relly kick @$$ but it causes a lot of lag. just to let you know :)

I didn't notice any lag caused by this building but the one I'm working on now, when converted with AddonGenerator into an addon, takes lag to new level. It even crashes the client with a buffer error of some sort as an addon. When I build it directly with UOArchitech it builds fine.

Could the lag problem be fixed by freezing it? Any thoughts out there?

b0b01

Sorceror
All buildings made by uoarchitect cause loads of lag, because every single tile represents and item sent to the client. IF you want too counter this and have a custom shard, you can modify them into your map.

Vindekator

Sorceror
Thanks for the info. This is not good. And such a great tool and easy to use!

Would freezing and extracting, say with addongenerator, put it into a more friendly form? As I said, on my little development shard I really don't notice any lag from it so it would be hard for me to tell if there was any improvement.