RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO Architect How To?

Twisted1851

Wanderer
UO Architect How To?

I just downloaded UO Architect (From Ultima Online Builder) and am not sure how to actually use it. I was wondering if someone could maybe tell me how, or direct me to a tutorial? I looked around, but was unable to find one. All help is appreciated :)

OrBSydia DevNet is the home to this program and would have the latest version of it by the way

currently right now though he is rebuilding the site, so most of it id not working yet, but will be soon

but basicaly to use it (this is laterest version of it i am going by)
install the server side of it on your server and reboot server
start it up UOAR itself
click on the connect tab - fill in the info (you must be logged into the game all ready and have an admin or higher account to use it)
thenmn from there you can design building in it, or place ones all ready made in there in game

the best bet until you can get to the tutporials is to just try and do stuff in it
can always wipe what you make if you do not like it

Liacs

Sorceror
UO ARCHITECT Server Install Instructions

UOAR-SF = Uo Architect Server Folder

1. Within the UOAR-SF you will find 2 dll files. Place those in the (base) RunUO folder.

2. In the UOAR-SF there is a Data folder, Assemblies.cfg is inside it. You can either replace this file directly in
• RunUO\Data\
. . . or you can add the new text into your current copy. The items are :
• OrbServerSDK.dll
• UOArchitectInterface.dll

3. In the UOAR-SF there is a Scripts folder within that. Put it in your custom folder inside thescripts folder:
• RunUO\Scripts\

Thats it, when you load your RunUO server you will see in the console :

Code:
UO Architect Server Beta 2.6 loaded on port 2594
if its installed properly.

Client Usage
1. Launch the program and click on the Connect button in the program menus.
2. Hit the add button to create a new user.
3. Fill in the information with your Admin User name & Password as well as the server IP.
4. For the port number use the default 2594, or the port number shows up in your RunUO console window.

Hope this helps :D

sabray1

Wanderer
help

Now where can I change this port number so I can run two servers. The production one and a test one. The test one is a copy of the production one.

UO Architect Server Beta 2.6 loaded on port 2594

sabray1

Wanderer
Malaperth;677907 said:
Might just be easier to change the port of the test server. I don't know how to change the port of UOA.

The Production server is 2593. The test server is 5000. But both are trying to use port 2594 for UO Architect.

Malaperth

Wanderer
Well, if you have a test server, you wouldn't need UOA on the 'real' server, would you?

[EDIT] Sorry, I'll shut up now and let someone that actually knows something respond.

sabray1

Wanderer
The test server is a copy of the production shard. It is only used for testing. Once it tests out fine, the item is moved to the production shard and the test shard is deleted.

I found it....

alekwdrake

Sorceror
Okay Im doing from what I can tell is right and putting the files in the right place and keep getting an error. Where can i find the error report so I can post that so I can show what the issue is

Kain Arcaris

Sorceror
Okay Im doing from what I can tell is right and putting the files in the right place and keep getting an error. Where can i find the error report so I can post that so I can show what the issue is
What version of Architect are you using? The latest is 2.7.3 (as of this posting) and can be downloaded here. For reporting errors, head over to http://orbsydia.com and post in the UO Architect 2.7.x forum.

alekwdrake

Sorceror
I think Im using the latest version but not certain. Ill go ahead and download the one from the link to be certain.

alekwdrake

Sorceror
The instructions are confusing me. I put th "OrbRomoteServer folder in into the the custom scripts folder like it says. Then it says to put OrbSeverSDK & UOArchitectInterface into the core directory. Where is the core directory located. Also it says to put System.Runtime or you own local copy into the core directory. I dont know where to put those files as I dont know where the core is. Then is says open data/assemblies and add the new dlls. Not a problem Id hope as long as Im adding the right dll files. And finally it says to configure my router to port forwarding 2595 if needed. Done that with no problem. I really want to use this program so if anyone could help me.

Hammerhand

Knight
Core Directory AKA the RunUO folder itself. The one with the RunUO.exe you use to load the server. As for the Data Assemblies, open the Data folder, and either use the supplied file to overwrite your assemblies.cfg, or open that file and add the 3 .dll's to the list. Either way it should look like this once done.
System.dll
System.Web.dll
System.Xml.dll
System.Data.dll
System.Drawing.dll
System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
OrbServerSDK.dll
UOArchitectInterface.dll

alekwdrake

Sorceror
If I replace the assemblies.cfg will it mess up anything Ive built with Pandora. Ive got months of work built up and just dont want to loose it.

alekwdrake

Sorceror
Im not seeing where this is all supposed to be

System.dll
System.Web.dll
System.Xml.dll
System.Data.dll
System.Drawing.dll
System.Windows.Forms.dll
OrbServerSDK.dll
UOArchitectInterface.dll

mitty

Sorceror
Just copy your existing assemblies.cfg, put it on your desktop for backup. Then use whatever you use to edit, C# express, notepad, etc, whatever. Open Assemblies.cs ( In your *Data* folder ), and add what Hammerhand told you at the top. NO your not merging the dll's your just adding the references for the dll's to Assemblies.cs for the dll's for compilation.

Code:
System.dll
System.Web.dll
System.Xml.dll
System.Data.dll
System.Drawing.dll
System.Windows.Forms.dll
Ultima.dll
OrbServerSDK.dll
UOArchitectInterface.dll

Here! Make this your new Assemblies.cs ( If your not understanding us, copy/paste this in your Assemblies.cs, remove what ya got!) This will be fine for you as I'm using the latest UOAR from Orbsydia. New version coming soon!

alekwdrake

Sorceror
Oh okay now i get it. No wonder I kept getting errors wasnt adding the reference to the files I added. Im hoping that this will fix my issue granted I put everything in the right place. Thanks

alekwdrake

Sorceror
Okay did what ya'll said and this is the error Im getting.

Code:
 RunUO - [www.runuo.com] version 2.0 Build 3567.2838
Core: Running on .NET framework Version 2.0.50727
Core Optimizing for 3 64-bit processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...ScriptCompiler: CS0006: Metadata file 'Ultima.dll ' could not be found
done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no scripts files were found
- Press return to exit, or R to try again