RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO centerED setup help

peepeetree

Sorceror
Hey Everyone, I realize this is not a script but I have seen several threads stating that this is the best game editor out there. So I was hoping that someone with experience with this program can point me in the right direction to get centerEd set up.

I dug around their forum, looked around via google searches and can't come up with any guides or anything on getting this set up correctly.

Essentially I have downloaded and installed centerED 0.6.3, when I open it up, throw my information in and hit OK and it just sits there saying connecting for ever. I have tried playing around with other ports but they don't seem to help regardless of me opening up those ports on my router. I also have downloaded the manual for it but it doesn't really offer any advice on troubleshooting or setup for that matter.

What I think I really need is a guide showing how to set all this up, I am sure I am missing some step but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out what it is. Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

peepeetree

Sorceror
Please disregard, I just realized that I was searching in the wrong sections on the forum and there are quite a bit of threads in the 3rd party app section. I apologize!

peepeetree

Sorceror
Just in case someone bumps into this I found a thread that explains how to get it all setup. I take no credit for the information below, I would highly suggest going to the link below and giving Tarn Blackhail a thank you and a liked as well!

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/centred-help.511043/#post-3867953

i had problems back in the day setting mine up... want some help?
what are the steps you took to set up?

create a folder on your desktop, place cedserver (application) into that folder.
Go to your Ultima Online CLIENT folder (program files>ea games> etc.)
COPY FROM CLIENT:
map0.mul
radarcol.mul
staidx0.mul
statics0.mul
tiledata.mul
TO DESKTOP FOLDER, that you made for CenterED.

thats a piece of what you need to do; the next step, is telling me which client (SE, ML, SA, etc.)/
patch #. so we can figure out which map size you will be using...
In theory; Most players, turned developer, would not have set down this road, had they found a shard they liked to begin with. ~The Anomaly
Map Sizes
map0 pre ML - 768x512
map0 and map1 ML - 896x512
map2 - 288x200
map3 - 320x256
map4 - 181x181

Rob24

Sorceror
hello i know last post is at jan 19 2013 but I am trying to get CentrED to work my server is 2.3 and my client is at 7.0.15.1

StaticZ

Sorceror
centred is another client-server application with own server which has no any ralation no to runuo no to client. You just need to lunch it's own server and use it for connecting from centred client. To run centred server and client you also need some mul files from client, you can read more carefuly about them above and in connection screen.