RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO Client

Crowley62

Sorceror
UO Client

Can someone please tell me where to get or how to make a No crypt client i use 4.0.1b and really need to update it .ANy help would be appreciated

Its my server I was just wondering for myself did not know it was an illegal topic i'm not connecting thru gateway to my own server

Phantom

Knight
Crowley62 said:
Can someone please tell me where to get or how to make a No crypt client i use 4.0.1b and really need to update it .ANy help would be appreciated
Any links I could give you would be breaking the law. Any links you find on the internet would be breaking the law.

Download UO Gateway and use that to connect to your shard.

Any further discussion about this, and I will be forced to report this to a moderator. We do not allow illegal links to be posted on this forum.

Phantom

Knight
Sep102 said:
If you're using UOGateway like you really should be, the UO Client is only temporarily unencrypted when you play on player-run shards. Otherwise fix login.cfg if you changed it and use an encrypted client executable.
That really made no sense whats so ever.

psz

Administrator
That makes 100% sense. UOGateway doesn't perma-modify the client. It temporarilly decrypts it while in use.

Having a modified login.cfg has been KNOWN to prevent patching with the latest set of patches.

Sep102's statement was accurate.

David

Moderate
You use UO-Rice to create the no-crypt-client, it is available <here>

I have used UO-Rice and UOLaunchpad forever with no problems including patching. Not saying it is better than UO Gateway, but it works for me. Sorry I don't have a link to UOLaunchpad but you can find it with Google I am sure.