RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO map editor

graverobbing

Sorceror
UO map editor

Can any one tell me a good map editor?

y tried pandora's box, but its not working on my computer :(

i have seen this one on the forum "http://www.runuo.com/forums/faq-forum/69472-indepth-map-multi-editor-faq.html" it looks awesome, but the link doesnt work, so if any one can send me the program or give me the new link it will be awesome :)

are you wanting to edit the map, or add statics to it in game

pandoras is for adding statics
the others they listed are for making custom maps

and pandoras, can be made to work, see the 3rd party help support for getting it to work

HellRazor

Knight
Sythen;782208 said:
UO Landscaper which (imho) works better than world forge and is easier to use than Dragon MOD.

Well remember that UO Landscaper and Dragon serve a different purpose than World Forge.

UO Landscaper and Dragon are both programs that allow you to paint a bitmap and then convert the bitmap to a map usable by UO. Great for the bulk of the work needed to make a new map.

World Forge is a program that edits the map directly. That is better for doing all the fine details of the world and getting all those little nooks and crannies looking exactly right.

So...different tools for different purposes, and they all have their advantages and disadvantages.