RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] UO Patch Server 0.01

No permission to download

Simon Omega

Traveler
Simon Omega submitted a new resource:

UO Patch Server (version 0.01) - Very Early, Proof of Concept

The initial 0.01 version is just a functional proof of concept. More work will be done to it over time.

This is a Python script meant to be cross platform and allow people to patch their clients, or setup patch servers. This will need much more work going forward to be a solid product.

If you read the README.md it tells you how to use it. If you know python feel free to fork it and make your own monster.

Without the help of Morgan, Praxiiz, seanandre, and Xeroxxx I would still be...

Read more about this resource...

Obsidian Fire

Sorceror
This is a great thing, but... I have never used Python and have NO clue where to start. I have installed Python and read thru the Installation instructions you gave and havehad no luck, my UOPatchserver.py file is associated to my editor (EditPlus II) could this be an issue? I guess what Im asking is could you do a step by step "How to" on running the script?

Thanks Man

Obsidian Fire

Sorceror
Well I got it running and so far so.... well good. I can get it to connect and download the patches, BUT, it downloads them twice and then fails to apply them. The Python console reads out this error" 127.0.0.1 Sent Unhandeled Packets: b' ' " and I have no experience in writing Python code.

Simon Omega

Traveler
It should have a (Downloading...) Message. This means it recieved the file name. Then a (Resuming...) Message meaning it is actually downloading the file.

In Python a b'' is a blank binary string/array.
What UO Version are you uing? I did not test them all just the 7.x.x clients.
I have a few older ones but no patches for them so I'll download the patches and test.

If it recieved an unhandeled packet, it may be recieving a command out of order. I had that happen offten trying to figure out the sequence.

I'm tapped out at work, but I'll make a screen cast to help.

Obsidian Fire

Sorceror
I have tried it on 7.0.18.0 and 7.0.21.2, when I tried the 7.0.18.0 I used patch 7.0.19.0 and for the 7.0.21.2 I used the next patch that should have been inline. I do get the downloading Msg and it moves the patch from the archive directory to the Patch directory in the UO install but then when trying to apply the patch it errors out and I get the Msg I posted eralier, Im off to work ill do some more testing later.

Simon Omega

Traveler
I get the message
127.0.0.1 Sent Underhanded Packets: b' '
When I get a bad patch file, applying patch fails, and the client disconnects in some absurd way.

Where did you get your patches from? I want to make sure the patch is a good patch file. One of mine here seems to be bad so i also need a replacement for it.

Obsidian Fire

Sorceror
Well I just tested my patches I installed a fresh copy of Classic Client 7.0.10.3 and patched from 7.0.11.0 to 7.0.20.0 and it patched fine, then I patched from 7.0.20.0 to 7.0.24.2 and it also patched fine. Thats ALL the patches I have, so Im not sure what happened other then I was patching a client I had installed and zipped up myself before I tried it this way.

Obsidian Fire

Sorceror
I tried to load my 7.0.24.2 client and it must have been bad patch because it wouldn't let me load the client. So I started over and only patched to 7.0.23.1 and it seemed to patch and run fine.

HellRazor

Knight
According to my notes, client 7.0.24.2 is when they started making the UOP changes, and indeed the client will not run. I think the client.exe was updated to use UOP files but the actual UOP files did not get added until 7.0.24.3. Both of these clients were released on the same day.

Obsidian Fire

Sorceror
Makes sense, I got the error that the soundLegacyMUL.uop file was missing or corrupt when I tried to patch to 7.0.24.2. When I checked it out it was missing, I added it form another zipped file I had but all that did was crash the client. so I have patches that can take me to 7.0.23.1 safely.

Simon Omega

Traveler
This is kind of funny. The patches I used are ones that I Zipped and Burnt to DVD. I wonder if Zip is flubbing up patches... You had a bad one, and now I have a bad one.