RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO: SE Question

Phantom

Knight
soldierfortune said:
new PMList( "Tokuno", "Tokuno", Map.Maps[4], new PMEntry[]

change this to:
new PMList( 1063258, 1063415, Map.Maps[4], new PMEntry[]
and that should get rid of 2 of your errors

Nice catch...

I didn't even look at that, I am so used to modifed moongate questions.

Dre Sal Va

Sorceror
Hey Phantom if it isnt to hard could you post the script you use, that way people can just implement it, instead of having all these problems and taking up your time. That wy you have time to help more people in less time with less hassle.
Just my thought, I only play RunUO but i mean this would make more sence (to me anyways)

Phantom

Knight
Dre Sal Va said:
Hey Phantom if it isnt to hard could you post the script you use, that way people can just implement it, instead of having all these problems and taking up your time. That wy you have time to help more people in less time with less hassle.
Just my thought, I only play RunUO but i mean this would make more sence (to me anyways)

Why would I post the default script for?

You can just go download RunUO and get it yourself :rolleyes:

You do know that your not allowed to make requests right?

Don't worry about people wasting my time, alright, its not your job to worry about me.

Gandy897

Wanderer
Phantom u crack me up sometimes oh man :) lol .. anyway .. thanks for that i should have realized to just look there and recall script

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
You really should not have to make all the extra adjustments, I just added the new map to MapDefinitions.cs and that was it. Might have to re-gen your moongates after, but otherwise, is alll good.
Code:
using System;
using Server;

namespace Server.Misc
{
	public class MapDefinitions
	{
		public static void Configure()
		{
			/* Here we configure all maps. Some notes:
			 * 1) The first 32 maps are reserved for core use.
			 * 2) Map 0x7F is reserved for core use.
			 * 3) Map 0xFF is reserved for core use.
			 * 4) Changing or removing any predefined maps may cause server instability.
			 */

RegisterMap( 0, 0, 0, 6144, 4096, 4, "Felucca",  MapRules.FeluccaRules );
			RegisterMap( 1, 1, 0, 6144, 4096, 0, "Trammel",  MapRules.FeluccaRules );
			RegisterMap( 2, 2, 2, 2304, 1600, 1, "Ilshenar", MapRules.FeluccaRules );
			RegisterMap( 3, 3, 3, 2560, 2048, 1, "Malas",    MapRules.FeluccaRules );
			RegisterMap( 4, 4, 4, 1448, 1448, 1, "Tokuno", MapRules.FeluccaRules );

RegisterMap( 0x7F, 0x7F, 0x7F, Map.SectorSize, Map.SectorSize, 1, "Internal", MapRules.Internal );

/* Example of registering a custom map:
			 * RegisterMap( 32, 0, 0, 6144, 4096, 3, "Iceland", MapRules.FeluccaRules );
			 * Defined:
			 * RegisterMap( <index>, <mapID>, <fileIndex>, <width>, <height>, <season>, <name>, <rules> );
			 *  - <index> : An unreserved unique index for this map
			 *  - <mapID> : An identification number used in client communications. For any visible maps, this value must be from 0-3
			 *  - <fileIndex> : A file identification number. For any visible maps, this value must be 0, 2, or 3
			 *  - <width>, <height> : Size of the map (in tiles)
			 *  - <name> : Reference name for the map, used in props gump, get/set commands, region loading, etc
			 *  - <rules> : Rules and restrictions associated with the map. See documentation for details
			*/
		}

public static void RegisterMap( int mapIndex, int mapID, int fileIndex, int width, int height, int season, string name, MapRules rules )
		{
			Map newMap = new Map( mapID, mapIndex, fileIndex, width, height, season, name, rules );

Map.Maps[mapIndex] = newMap;
			Map.AllMaps.Add( newMap );
		}
	}
}

Phantom

Knight
Joker unless you modify the moongate script, the new map won't show up.

I am going to guess your going to argue with me, please don't you won't prove anything.

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
I only modified the MapDefinitions.cs script, then ran RUnUO to make sure there were not any errors. I did not change anything else and was already in the MoonGate.cs (unless I changed it and did not realize it).

Phantom

Knight
iZJokersWild said:
I only modified the MapDefinitions.cs script, then ran RUnUO to make sure there were not any errors. I did not change anything else and was already in the MoonGate.cs (unless I changed it and did not realize it).

By default you cannot access the new maps with the default moongate code.

Don't freaking argue with me, because your wrong and I can prove it.

Protius73

Sorceror
Ok got the script working except for one minor detail... i cant figure out the cliloc numbers to make each destination say its destination

Right now the 3 destinations that show in my TOkuno list are
Bank
Malas
You have arrived at.

Code:
		public static readonly PMList Samurais =
				{
					new PMEntry( new Point3D( 1169,  998, 41 ), [COLOR=DarkRed][B]1063416[/B][/COLOR] ), // Isamu
					new PMEntry( new Point3D( 802, 1204, 25 ), [COLOR=DarkRed][B]1063417[/B][/COLOR] ),  // Makoto
					new PMEntry( new Point3D( 270, 628, 15 ), [COLOR=DarkRed][B]1063418[/B][/COLOR] )  // Homare
				} );
The numbers in Bold Red are the ones that determine the name of each label for tokuno ilsands destinations... How would i find the Exact values for those??

Admin_V

Wanderer
here ya go

Code:
public static readonly PMList Tokuno =
				{
					new PMEntry( new Point3D( 1169,  998, 41 ), 1063414 ), // Isamu
					new PMEntry( new Point3D( 802, 1204, 25 ), 1063413 ),  // Makoto
					new PMEntry( new Point3D( 270, 628, 15 ), 1063412 )  // Homare
				} );

Ashlar

Sorceror
Well, I'll bite...

Phantom said:
Joker unless you modify the moongate script, the new map won't show up.

I am going to guess your going to argue with me, please don't you won't prove anything.
I know i am not Joker, but just gotta say:
I have not touched any of the moongate scripts, but I have the new map installed and can walk around, mark runes, etc on it with no prob. I went to Yew so that my map co-ords would be within the 1448x1448 of the new map and changed current map in my [props

If you don't make sure you are within the tokuno map bounds before you [props yourself and change map, you will wind up in a strange, black place with an odd design on the floor.

Also, regardless of how you get to tokuno, if you travel over the server bounds marked in UOAM in 2 directions you will wind up in the same black design place, but the other 2 directions work fine. Try going to 0, 0 in tokuno and going north or west, then try going to 1448, 1448 and going south or east.

Phantom

Knight
Ashlar said:
I know i am not Joker, but just gotta say:
I have not touched any of the moongate scripts, but I have the new map installed and can walk around, mark runes, etc on it with no prob. I went to Yew so that my map co-ords would be within the 1448x1448 of the new map and changed current map in my [props

If you don't make sure you are within the tokuno map bounds before you [props yourself and change map, you will wind up in a strange, black place with an odd design on the floor.

Also, regardless of how you get to tokuno, if you travel over the server bounds marked in UOAM in 2 directions you will wind up in the same black design place, but the other 2 directions work fine. Try going to 0, 0 in tokuno and going north or west, then try going to 1448, 1448 and going south or east.

Read the entire post.

I was speaking of the moongate gump, not anything else.

Stay out of discussions that do NOT CONCERN YOU!

Looking at the map definitions file, I see (quote)

/* Here we configure all maps. Some notes:
* 1) The first 32 maps are reserved for core use.
* 2) Map 0x7F is reserved for core use.
* 3) Map 0xFF is reserved for core use.
* 4) Changing or removing any predefined maps may cause server instability
(end quote)

In the interest of respecting the dev teams right of way, should Tokuno be tacked in there as map 4? or map 32? Devs?

I have Tokuno defined and the 3 gates up, no problem. As Phantom pointed out, the gump section of PublicMoonGates.cs needs some work. There is a check to see which expansions the user has, as well as checking their murder count, to decide what facets to allow them access to. I just added Tokuno in with the AOSList, but this is a hack way of doing it and will lead to AOS-only players getting stranded, potentially crashing their client. Here is where it checks for expansions/murder.

int flags = mobile.NetState == null ? 0 : mobile.NetState.Flags;
if ( Core.AOS && (flags & 0x8) != 0 )
checkLists = PMList.AOSLists;
else if ( (flags & 0x4) != 0 )
checkLists = PMList.LBRLists;
else
checkLists = PMList.UORLists;

Now, can someone tell me what flag value I need to check for if SE is present? and if Core.AOS will still be true, so I dont need to go rescuing stranded players on m shard?