RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO won't start for me, gets stuck.

Ron McGrath

Wanderer
I have downloaded all of the necessary tools, the server seems to run fine and periodically; however, when I start RunUO I try to login with the name and password i setup the server with i get stuck at verifying account and it stays there while the server just keeps saving. Now on the server for some reason my ip address is not under :listening. I read you need to send your ip to RunUO and I have no clue how to do that. I hope that someone here has encountered and solved a similar problem or straight out knows what is wrong. Please help I want to play uo again without all the cheaters that EA was bombarded with. But I would like to have it setup under my server.

Thanks in Advance
RM

rtaylor1987

Sorceror
Are you connecting from the same computer that's running the server? If so, try entering 127.0.0.1 as the IP, and make sure your port is correct (default is 2593 I believe)

If you still get stuck at "Verifying Account" - make sure your DataPath is pointed to the same client you're attempting to connect from - from my experience, the hanging at "Verifying Account" is a client version issue - such as the server pointing to a client that's patch 7.0.15.x and you're attempting to connect using 7.0.24.x

Let me know if either of these are the issue, and if not, we'll go from there :)

Ron McGrath

Wanderer
Thanks for the responses, rtaylor1987, I am running assisuo, and i have razor but i cant find anywhere to input an ip, is there a specific place you can direct me to, so that i can enter it I am not overly familiar with these programs or running servers at all.

rtaylor1987

Sorceror
In AssistUO, you will see a drop-down menu for Server selection (For Demise, Hybrid, etc.)

This is where you enter your IP. Instead of selecting one of the servers from the drop-down, simply delete the input field and type in 127.0.0.1 - and make sure your port is correct as well.

With your server running, you should be able to connect locally. Let me know if you're successful with this, and we can move onto making your server open to outside connections

Ron McGrath

Wanderer
Thanks alot i got that sorted but being really new to this it says i cannot connect, in fact it when runuo is on its saving and whatnot it dosent even show my ip address i think i have no idea how to get it working.

rtaylor1987

Sorceror
In your RunUO\Docs folder there is a file called commands.html. In there are listed a few commands that will get a good start on your world. Some of them are...

Decorate: Generates world decoration.
DoorGen: Generates doors
MoonGen: Generates public moongates
SignGen: Generates world/shop signs
TelGen: Generates world/dungeon teleporters

VendorGen: Generates vendors

On top of that, you might want to look into Nerun's Distro - which I personally use for spawning. If you can merge in Nerun's Distro, you can use it to spawn the entire world based on which era your server is going to run as (T2A, SE, ML, SA, etc.)