RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uo3d/2d Support

Celeron

Wanderer
Uo3d/2d Support

RunUO, as I have stated previously run beautifully on Uo3d. That and the fact some of the 3d animations are already implemented.

What I noticed though is in 2d, I recieved no animation for a mount, although I was riding a beetle in 3d.

Now I haven't tested it on a patched 2d client(currently using 2.0.0) but I'm assuming it's no different.

Will there(is there) support for mutiple animations depending on the client. Normally I wouldn't be bothered asking considering I haven't seen this in Sphere, but I believe RunUO is going for a more OSI style of gameplay, and because OSI has this feature, I'm asking.

Also, will RunUO(does RunUO) support map2.mul(probably already asked)

R

Rakurai

RunUO has worked great with my LBR 2d client. Umm as for the Map2.mul not sure MUL support hasn't been discussed as much. Scripting is first priority. But considering RunUO's potential my dream is NEW Mul support.

Ex. A while back an emulator called SmallWorld was being wrote. It had Multiple MUL support. So you could write a Map3.mul Map 4.mul all the way to Map1000000.mul Alowing multiple worlds EQ style. I think this would be a great boost to RunUO to allow this feature but not only that but to expand upon it. Such as Skills2.mul Skills3.mul allowing different Skill Gumps if you had say a race system where each race got a gump with only the skills that race was allowed to use. or what About Statics3.mul so you don't have to have huge ass static file downlaods for your players. This would make custom MUL files a lot better and add a sub-community to runUO dedicated to testing new possibilites with MUL files. I personally don't think this would be too complicated. You'd just have to have a way for both the server and client to read the files. Which means some new coding to the server and making the Krrios client the Main client for RunUO. Anyways this right now is not a priority but hopefully the Devs will remmeber this. Possibly a version 2.0 release after we get Version 1.0 OSI in a Box Complete package. Because once the final package is done there isn;t much you can do to update due to the way the scripting is deifned and such. All you can do is add some new features no emu has seen and better stability. Just an idea. I'll stop ranting now.

Phantom

Knight
I actually REALLY love that idea Rakurai..

Not that it matters what I think. Perhaps in time my words will matter.

Delta

Wanderer
Actually with UO Gateway you can patch the clients files muls without affecting the client ability to connect to any other shards.

Celeron

Wanderer
I'm not talking about patching the client

I don't want LBR anims on my 2d client.

I'm talking about like OSI where if you are using 2d and somone is riding a beetle, it shows up as a purple llama.

people using 3d capable clients are seeing a beetle

krrios

Administrator
With a properly patched 2D client, you will see beetles as purple llamas, kirins as redish brown horses, etc.