RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UoFiddler and UO Auto-Map not showing New Haven???

draknare

Squire
UoFiddler and UO Auto-Map not showing New Haven???

I've recently setup my own shard and have been playing around with getting other tools out there to explore and customize the world. My client is patched to 6.0.12.4 and everything appears to be working fine, but I recently installed UO Auto-Map and noticed that the island is showing Haven and not New Haven...but the UO client shows New Haven and the remains of Haven.

Same goes for UOFiddler when I pulled up the map Map1.mul file and it shows the same? Am I doing something wrong or why does it appear that there is a disconnect between these apps and what my UO client is showing?

Lastly, the other thing I noticed is that the Trammel has a ton of snow on the ground and I don't see that with the apps either? I noticed there was are files mapdif1.mul mapdifl1.mul in the UO directory and am wondering if that is a file used for patches or if those are a delta file from map1.mul???

=Drak

Rabban

Sorceror
The snow is likely seasonal and not static?

As for new haven, they have some sort of overlay going on.

Hope that tides you over until the experts help you out.

draknare

Squire
So does anyone know of the overlays work and if there are third party tools that work with those overlays? Also, how does the seasonal content work? If it's not permanent changes, is it the other mapdif1.mul files that contain that info?

Does that mean I can just remove those files to remove the overlays?

=Drak

HellRazor

Knight
UO Automap has not been updated to read Map1.

There used to be no separate Map1, the UO client used to save all the terrain and statics that were specific to either Felucca or Trammel in patch files.

The client doesn't use those patch files any more, but UO Automap is probably still reading them.

UO Automap won't read Map1.mul or Statics1.mul because he stopped updating UOAM before those files existed.

Thilgon

Sorceror
HellRazor;793852 said:
The client doesn't use those patch files any more, but UO Automap is probably still reading them.

uhm so if i create a mapdif.mul file and patch it in my client, that would have no effect on the shown map?
(speaking about client itself, not other programs)

that's a bummer, 'cause i was thinking about using dif files (if i could understand how to create them lol) to patch players client instead of having them re-download the whole map...

Stuart lil

Sorceror
draknare;792500 said:
I've recently setup my own shard and have been playing around with getting other tools out there to explore and customize the world. My client is patched to 6.0.12.4 and everything appears to be working fine, but I recently installed UO Auto-Map and noticed that the island is showing Haven and not New Haven...but the UO client shows New Haven and the remains of Haven.

Same goes for UOFiddler when I pulled up the map Map1.mul file and it shows the same? Am I doing something wrong or why does it appear that there is a disconnect between these apps and what my UO client is showing?

Lastly, the other thing I noticed is that the Trammel has a ton of snow on the ground and I don't see that with the apps either? I noticed there was are files mapdif1.mul mapdifl1.mul in the UO directory and am wondering if that is a file used for patches or if those are a delta file from map1.mul???

=Drak

The snow is indeed static and either you need to go with a slightly lower patch, or wait until OSI decides to remove it in another patch =P

HellRazor

Knight
Thilgon;793860 said:
uhm so if i create a mapdif.mul file and patch it in my client, that would have no effect on the shown map?
(speaking about client itself, not other programs)

that's a bummer, 'cause i was thinking about using dif files (if i could understand how to create them lol) to patch players client instead of having them re-download the whole map...

Correct - if you are using (I think) client 6.0.0.0 or later, the dif files are no longer used. With clients 6.0.0.0 and later, changing the dif files has no effect because the client doesn't even read them any more. You have to edit Map0/Statics0 and Map1/Statics1 directly.

HellRazor

Knight
Stuart lil;793914 said:
The snow is indeed static and either you need to go with a slightly lower patch, or wait until OSI decides to remove it in another patch =P

Actually the map itself was not changed - the client.exe was hardcoded to swap certain map tiles with winter tiles. Which is pretty confusing when you go to edit your map and the map looks normal in your map editor but looks like winter when you run the client!

Last year this affected clients 5.0.7.1 through 5.0.8.1. This year it started with 6.0.12.0 and was changed back to normal (I think) with 6.0.13.0.

Why they started doing it this way instead of finishing the winter season packet and using that instead I will never know.