RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UOFiddler: Equipping a custom Item causes Server Crash

scadeus

Traveler
Hey everyone,
on my way to my own running and customized Homeshard I came across another issue. Today, I tried adding custom content for the first time following this Tutorial. I tried to add a staff and I found on a gump website. I injected the Gump and the art I see in my backpack via UOFiddler, set the properties in the Tiledata.mul (including the Animation) and added the .muls to my server directory. Afterwards, I took the script of the GnarledStaff and trief to edit it according to my new item. I simply replaced every "GnarledStaff" with "Teststab" (which is german for "Testing Staff"), so that I am able to add the item ingame. After starting up my Server, everything works fine, I can spawn my Item, but as soon as I try to pick it up, my client crashes and I am not able to log in again. I tried so with a second character, but i was not even able to go near the area. The only possibility was deleting the script again.

Any ideas, why my client keeps crashing?

best regards,
scadeus

milva

Sorceror
The changes with files which you replaced in the server, did you also replace your game
files with those, for the changes of the custom item?

scadeus

Traveler
Hey milva,
first of all: thanks for your reply. Yes, I tried both setups (my TestStab.cs in the server and the client directory). To explain my problem a little further i attached two screenshots. The first shows the correct properties of the original gnarled staff and also shows the new artwork i injected with UOFiddler. As soon as I drap this item onto my paperdoll, it appears as the gump of the gnarled staff (which can be seen in the 2nd screenshot). When i let go of my left mouse button, the gump disappears and my client crashes. I had the idea, that it may be some gump related problem, since an incorrect gump is shown for a short time. I am not completely sure, where the relationship between the "artwork" from screenshot 1 and the actual gump is set. Is this done in the body.def or the item script? To make sure i got everything right, here is my TestStab.cs:

Code:
using System;
using Server.Network;
using Server.Items;

namespace Server.Items
{
    [FlipableAttribute( 0x13F8, 0x13F9 )]
    public class Teststab : BaseStaff
    {
        public override WeaponAbility PrimaryAbility{ get{ return WeaponAbility.ConcussionBlow; } }
        public override WeaponAbility SecondaryAbility{ get{ return WeaponAbility.ParalyzingBlow; } }

public override int AosStrengthReq{ get{ return 20; } }
        public override int AosMinDamage{ get{ return 15; } }
        public override int AosMaxDamage{ get{ return 17; } }
        public override int AosSpeed{ get{ return 33; } }
        public override float MlSpeed{ get{ return 3.25f; } }

public override int OldStrengthReq{ get{ return 20; } }
        public override int OldMinDamage{ get{ return 10; } }
        public override int OldMaxDamage{ get{ return 30; } }
        public override int OldSpeed{ get{ return 33; } }

public override int InitMinHits{ get{ return 31; } }
        public override int InitMaxHits{ get{ return 50; } }

[Constructable]
        public Teststab() : base( 0x4B45 )
        {
            Weight = 3.0;
            Name = "Teststab";
        }

public Teststab( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
        {
        }

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
        {
            base.Serialize( writer );

writer.Write( (int) 0 ); // version
        }

public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
        {
            base.Deserialize( reader );

int version = reader.ReadInt();
        }
    }
}

Hope you can help me!

Attachments

• Unbenannt 5.jpg
    Unbenannt 5.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 11
  • Unbenannt 3.jpg