RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UORice issues on 6.0.6.0 client in linux

Scriptiz

Sorceror
UO_Rice can patch only the client under the 6.0.6.2 version.

So the last version that can be patched bye UO_rice is 6.0.6.1.

Here is in attachment a 6.0.6.0 client patched.

edit: removing unothaurized client (sorry ^^)

Eh - on the other post in this forum i wroted all info about Uorice and newest patch - i also posted uorice source - that Lord Binary contributed to the community - he dont have time to update it.
Ill post the source once more in new thread.

4RK3TYP3

Wanderer
thanks scriptiz, I was too tired to fuss with UO_Rice today. Worked like a charm *moves on to python script for login.cfg*

4RK3TYP3

Wanderer
cubber;750019 said:
ahh ok so no UO under linux then? Or is there another way besides attempting vmware-server and razor? Which I am installing an XP VM now to try.

It'll work, you just need the No_Crypt_Client_2d.exe in your wine directory for ultima then, if you so choose, adjust your ultima online launcher to point at the No_Crypt_Client_2d.exe. Works for me anyway.

Erica

Knight
Don't think no one has one . Also Latest Client is 6.0.9.2 and no one has made that as well so you'll have to wait to uorice to get updated for latest client.

HellRazor

Knight
And with UO RICE no longer being actively developed, you might be waiting a LONG time. Best option right now is to use Razor to decrypt the client.

skirnir;773159 said:
can anyone post 6.0.6.1 or 6.0.6.2 clients with no-crypt? thanks a lot!
Actually, posting client files is against the forum rules. RunUO is able to do what they do because the server emulator isnt illegal. Distributing client files, even if modified does not fall into that same category. No one here is supportive of that rule for the sake of "protecting" EA's "Intellectual Property", however it would really suck to see this site go down because of a dmca violation.

EDIT: I probably should have nested a second pair of quotation marks around Intellectual but it would have affected the flow I think.

Scriptiz

Sorceror
Scriptiz;757404 said:
UO_Rice can patch only the client under the 6.0.6.2 version.

So the last version that can be patched bye UO_rice is 6.0.6.1.

Here is in attachment a 6.0.6.0 client patched.

I didn't know theses rules sorry for my client. If a moderator or someone who have the rights may delete my attachmente files in my post on previous page it would be nice.

Thanks and sorry.

Scriptiz;774048 said:
I didn't know theses rules sorry for my client. If a moderator or someone who have the rights may delete my attachmente files in my post on previous page it would be nice.

Thanks and sorry.

just delete the attach code in your post, the attachment will still be on the server physically, but no chance of anyone downloading it since no one can see it.

HellRazor;773200 said:
And with UO RICE no longer being actively developed, you might be waiting a LONG time. Best option right now is to use Razor to decrypt the client.

has no one done anything with the source code yet :(

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
Sort of but i need an interpritation of this C++ line...

Code:
[SIZE=2]find_address(ThePattern, [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"0x00000000 0x00000000 0x0001 0x0f 0x84 ? 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x8b 0x48 ? 0x85 0xc9 0x8b 0xca"[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000]// FIRE 0x85[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]found1, c1, r1, 1, address1, 1, err[0]);[/SIZE]

or more this part inparticular...

Code:
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"0x00000000 0x00000000 0x0001 0x0f 0x84 ? 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x8b 0x48 ? 0x85 0xc9 0x8b 0xca"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I'd like to be able to re-work the code into C#, without understanding the meaning of that it gets kind of confusing at times.

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
Not so much an update, more of a re-write (into C# from C++).

Reading C++ source codes not a problem, although i'm rusty on C++... understanding FULLY what the code does is since theres a couple of things in it i've not done before myself (or i have to lookup to remind myself), more the working out the conversion of what the C++ is doing EXACTLY before the re-wite can take place.

A bit like the above posts... what does what exactly.

Understanding other peoples code and what they were thinking when they wrote it isn't one of my strong points, things like...

Code:
[SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]int[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2] c1,c2,c3,r1=0,r2=0,r3=0,r1b=0,r2b=0,r3b=0, c4,c5,c6,c7,c1b,c2b,c3b,c7a,c7b,c7c;[/SIZE]

(Taken from UORice source)

are pretty straightforward and easy enough to convert to another language, what and where the variables are used and what they mean or represent is.

Spent the last month reading and learning about cryptanalysis and the various forms of encryption to help me better figure out what rice actually does, though it's slow going alone. :eek:

Probably why i go overboard on remark statements in alot of my code, so i know what it does if i have to return to it (remembers college teachers always remining me about this one). But yeah it would be nice to get a launch button on this eventually... http://www.yaksuoworld.ukpc.net/viewer.jpg