RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update for everything...

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
As some of you can see the entire site was broken over the weekend...

Unfortunately this year has been a horrible year for me and brought an insane amount of bad luck.

On Friday my 17 month old daughter was hospitalized for Pneumonia and just as things were about to get back to normal last night my 36 week pregnant wife was rushed to the hospital in the ambulance.

Thankfully both of them are doing OK right now but my time has been severely limited and the first 41 days of 2011 have been nothing but miserable for my family.

I realize due to the unforeseen issues my family has faced I have repeatedly broken promises about RunUO, Revelation and the other shards. I fully intend to make good on these promises... albeit making good on them late.

I appreciate your patience during these times and I cannot tell you how appreciative I've been of the countless emails and messages on facebook. Thanks to facebook I'm able to keep a lot of friends and family updated on these things in real time.

Hopefully things will start to stabilize here relatively soon and we can move forward. I know the design firm I ended up hiring has made significant progress on the new site and it will be nothing short of amazing.

Again thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers and patience.

Warmest Regards,
Ryan

Morxeton

Sorceror
Ryan,

Your family is far more important than anything else. I'm sorry to hear of the rough times this year but happy to hear everyone is doing OK. Take care of your family and yourself... everything will be fine.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,
Morx

Barnicoat

Sorceror
Thanks for taking a moment to put this post up Ryan, I'm certain it will reassure a lot of people uncertain about the shard, including myself.

I really hope things continue improving for you and your family so 2011 can end on a much better note than it started.

Peace.

Mighty Mo

Wanderer
Its tough when you get hit with so much at once.
I recently had to roll through some of good ole' Murphy's Law myself.

Hang in there, everything will flip around.

And for the bed-wetters (not ALL of you) at Revelation:
That's a hell of a lot of detail from someone who "doesn't give a shit", don't you think?

Bowley

Wanderer
Good Luck Ryan! Lets hope wifey and kids start feeling better.. My small guild still has faith in you bro and we're stickin around Revelation reguardless.. We know you can do it! Trade, Inc. has your back!

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
As many of you have noticed - tonight I've been online a lot more than usual... the wife is still on bed rest but my daughter is feeling much better. I am hoping to get back to normal participation soon :)

Hiring Man

Sorceror
Np Life is About lets say 100X Better then Online. take care of your family and don't worry about us we can handle the problems :). But what you did taking a moment is very caring for your players :D but don't worry about us even 1 bit, we can wait and your family is more important.

Thanks.

Sounds like things have been really rough; this year hasn't been particularly kind to many so far, but it seems you've been getting it laid on really thick. Best wishes, that all three (four!) of you pull through fine. There's a light at the end of the tunnel... Only worry yourself with your work here if it helps you hold together and pull through.

ETsCat

Sorceror
Glad to hear someone say "family should come first", it should. I love what has been going on with RunUO, But as the Revelation Shard allows rez killing even new players, I wont be playing there. A newbee should be able to at least get SOME skills built up befor being PKed. Its a wonderfull map, and as a ghost I spent 3 days exploring it. But the unfriendly Jerks that have to Rez kill newbee players Have spoiled it for me. Good work on the maps thou.
I am working on a custom Client that should be able to see my 16 Maps and will be released to the RunUO community as soon as I get the bugs worked out. I have been sick a lot with my heart and don't need the stress of pks,and other rude people. I have had many problems and hope to find info that can help with these.