RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on the network and infrastructure

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
RunUO Community -

I wanted to take a moment to update you on where we stand with our migration which has been in progress for the last six months.

Our facility is now fully standing and we have been deploying our entire infrastructure which to date consists of all Cisco hardware. We're currently deploying our Cisco UCS servers and have just completed our full scale SAN build out.

I would anticipate once this is completed we will finish the migration and consolidation of the web sites as well as bringing ConnectUO back into full production.

We're well aware of the various hiccups and pain this migration has caused but this time we decided it was best to build out our own INDEPENDENT network. We are utilizing high end, enterprise grade servers, storage and network devices and have entered into agreements with Level3 amongst other providers to deliver our traffic.

In short we are not utilizing a dedicated server/vps server or any other kind of reseller model. We are in fact our own network provider with our own agreements in place with Tier 1 providers. We are no longer beholden to other companies and their routing policies we are handling that all in house.

We appreciate your patience and assure you that once complete this build out is our last (this is a very long term (5 year) commitment) and will allow us to leverage our systems in a way which will provide you the very best experience. We also plan on opening up another datacenter in Phoenix, Arizona within the next twelve months which will serve as a disaster recovery facility for our network.

We've come a long way since the days of running our network on a server in the warehouse of a liquor store (Thanks Zippy, Alkiser and Chaos) and you will love where we are headed :)

Thanks again for your patience.

Ryan

Hammerhand

Knight
Who's that Alkiser guy, he sounds awesome.
You never heard of him either huh? *snickers* Sorry.. it was just sitting there begging for it. :D Anywho, this all sounds great.
PS.. You guys DID save some of the liquor from that warehouse to celebrate with, didnt you?

Hiring Man

Sorceror
Please host the server in Australia!
wtf lol..... they will not host in australia for jsut 1 or a couple people. They will host where the majority of the server gets the best connection lol.
Also, great work sounds awesome and looking forward. Also hope all goes well.

and since there has been problems with the sites etc, maybe consider ontop of the hosts hosting the servers add like apache,mysql,cpanel so your comp is a web host also for 100% reliability and stability. Well maybe not 100% but look into it, its pretty interesting and you would have access and all, all the time.

Hiring Man

Sorceror
I was just joking, I know it will never happen.

I know you where just kidding ;) Just sharing my 2 senses :) but also never say never. Maybe they will find an amazing deal out there, or the connection for the majority is around there so it would make more sense to move it out there, or a lot more possibilities but for now we know its no lol :p