RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[UPDATED]Santa's Lost Reindeer Quest

koluch

Sorceror
[UPDATED]Santa's Lost Reindeer Quest

This was posted earlier by LadyRhia(much appreciated!) Reminded me I needed to quit slackin and update this for 2007.
I had intended to add new gifts this year, but in all honesty, I just dont have the time :(
This is a redo of the one I posted for 2006 just changed to 2007, for those who dont want to mess with changing dates.

PLEASE change any references to have YOUR server name on the items - Holiday Bell and Candle(not sure if there are others :( sorry )!

Here is the .doc file:
Santa's Quest 2007

* In search of the lost Reindeer *

You must go and speak to Santa.
Santa tells you he is very sad, because all his reindeer are missing. He asks if you will find each of them and return them to him.
He gives you a Santa’s Quest Log ( a book ) - with the names of the reindeer and what all you need to do.

Santa will give you a reward (250gp) for each returned reindeer and each reindeer will be soo happy to be home, they too will give you the "shoes off their hooves". Rudolph will give you a Special Hammer.

When you find a reindeer, they are tamable (-25 skill so do not need taming skill to get them, though with zero taming you may fail a time or two ), bring the reindeer to Santa. To get his 'attention', just say his name and he will ask which of the reindeer you have found. This brings up a target. Just target the reindeer and you receive his thanks and your rewards (gold and Reindeer Shoes)

Once you have collected ALL the Reindeer Shoes and Rudolph's Special Hammer, have all the items in your backpack and double click the hammer. This will make Santa's Gift.

Go back and see Santa - he has very good eyes, because he will see you have a Gift for him in your backpack and ask if he may have it!

Drop the gift on Santa and he will be soo happy that....well you get a "Gift from Santa - 2007"

All gifts come in a "Santa's Gift Box".
Here are the random gifts players will receive:
· Christmas Candle 2007 - has a random holiday message and can be dyed. This is the light of the winter solstice with an added touch from last year.
· Holiday Bell 2007 - has a random holiday message and when double clicked, rings.
· Santa’s Chair Deed - this is the 'other' throne addon not craftable in the distro.
· Santa's Elf Boots - elven style boots with +3 dex and 25 arcane charges.( Elf race required )
· Santa’s Boots – regular style boots with +3 dex and 25 arcane charges.
· Santa's Mistletoe Deed - a random holiday message, can be changed by replacing on the wall in your house.
· Santa's Timepiece - a watch
· Snowball Launcher 2007 (Snowpile 2005) - the old snowball from past years renamed and using the corrected version. * I could not remember who posted this, so add your name and a thanks from me!
· Santa's Magical Coal - this gives the message that you have been naughty! BUT....in the Holiday Spirit, we can't NOT give a gift of some sort, so you can make a wish and double click the magical coal in your backpack and get:
1 - You just crush it with all your brute strength and get 6-10 diamonds.
2 - You promise to be good and get - Santa's Gift Bag with one of 4 reindeer statues or Santa’s Sleigh addon.
3 - You promise to be VERY good and get – a very special pair of earring. These are called “Holiday Bobbles” Adjust any attributes to fit your server ( random regen and random protection)
*** So ultimately, by getting coal, you actually have a chance to get one of the best gifts out there!

Thanks to so many of the people who submitted different scripts that made this possible for me to put together:
Fury - for his base quest for the reindeer concept
Tink - for the Animal Trainer Lord script which allowed me to make Santa buy the reindeer back
Artie Gordon - pointing out my sell issue (one of these days, I'll learn, honest!)
And everyone who posted scripts of all sorts that I looked at and learned to create this simple Quest for the Holidays.
* I, in no way, want to take someone’s work and profess it to be "SOLEY" mine, so feel free to add your name and pat yourself on the back for good work!

Hope you enjoy and please post any suggestions/comments or bugs you might encounter!

Happy Holidays,

Shazzy

INSTALLATION:

1 - Place a spawner for Santa in a house. I put him on Ice Island, but anywhere will do!
2 - Place spawners for each of the Reindeer.

That's it!
Enjoy!

If I have missed any files needed for this Quest, let me know and Ill add them. I have sooo many things going at one time that are used in many areas.
The Names.xml has the reindeer names as well as SE and elf femal and male names. You can use this if you like and merge it with yours( or just use the reindeer name section ) :)

This DOES require RunUO RC1(elf boots are Race Required) - we are using the latest SVN, patched to 6.0.1.7.

Feel free to change this package in any way you see fit!( Im sure it can use improvement! )

Happy Holidays everyone!

Shazzy
aka-Koluch

Attachments

• Santa Claus Quest 2007.zip
    32.2 KB · Views: 225
  • Names File.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 152

datguy

Sorceror
the Reindeer statues come out as 1_NOTHING as their name

I think it's missing the names list

greywolf79

Sorceror
Sounds very cool. I will add it when I get my shard running again... And I will keep an eye out for updates to this post.

GreyWolf.

datguy

Sorceror
To get it working I changed the constructable in 'Santasreindeer1.cs & 2 & 3 respectively
Code:
			//Name = NameList.RandomName( "reindeer" );
            switch (Utility.Random(9))
            {
                case 0: Name = "Dasher"; break;
                case 1: Name = "Dancer"; break;
                case 2: Name = "Prancer"; break;
                case 3: Name = "Vixen"; break;
                case 4: Name = "Comet"; break;
                case 5: Name = "Cupid"; break;
                case 6: Name = "Donner"; break;
                case 7: Name = "Blitzen"; break;
                case 8: Name = "Olive the Other Reindeer"; break;
                //case 9: Name = "Rudolph"; break;
            }

koluch

Sorceror
Names.xml file

I am sorry, I forgot I have an updated names file.
IF you want, you can merge this with yours, it contains the reindeer names, SE and elf names also for those looking for that part :]

Koluch

Attachments

• Names File.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 41