RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using Photoshop, And Dragon to Make Custom Map

Nasgar

Wanderer
Hey all, I am using photoshop currently to draw a map. My one question/concern is what do I do when I am done drawing the landscapes? I have Dragon, but that is to make the .mul files if I am correct. I have little experience on map creation for UO emulation, and am wondering what do I use to place the static buildings used for towns? I have heard of WorldForge, and Pandora's Box, but I can't find a working form of WorldForge, or perhaps don't understand how it really works with RunUO and UO emulations. Also, Pandora's box is of little use, as again, I can't find a working version. So my real question is, once I am done drawing the map in photoshop, where do I go to create the buildings?!?! Or, would someone with a little more knowledge and time be willing to design the cities for me when my map is finished?

Your help is much appreciated

HellRazor

Knight
With UO Architect, you can also "rip" houses and buildings from the normal UO map and re-use them in your custom map. This is a quick and easy way to help fill out a town or city. Combine these with a few custom buildings for your more prominent shops or buildings and you can quickly create a whole custom city that still doesn't look like anything already in UO.