RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using the SDK under VB.NET

rednaxela

Wanderer
Using the SDK under VB.NET

Alright, I need some help here.

I started a new project and added Ultima.dll as reference.

On the object browser, I can see all functions. It's all ok.

Then, im doing a simple button to retrieve a picture from the ART..

Code:
Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Dim wBitmap As Bitmap = Ultima.Art.GetLand(19)
        picturebox1.Image = wBitmap
End Sub

No errors there, it seems to find all the declarations.

I run the application and click the button, then my vb.net tells me this error:

Type load exception was unhandled
Could not load type 'Ultima.Art' from assembly 'Ultima, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

In details:

Code:
System.TypeLoadException was unhandled
  Message="Could not load type 'Ultima.Art' from assembly 'Ultima, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'."
  Source="Ultima"
  TypeName="Ultima.Art"
  StackTrace:
       at WindowsApplication1.Form1.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
       at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
       at WindowsApplication1.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 81
       at System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
       at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

What's wrong there!?

I've got UO installed, but not running.

My second question is the following. Can this SDK be used without the client and just load animations and stuff on my own application?

Thanks for the replies!

rsmiller21

Wanderer
Thats pretty strange. If you indeed added Ultima.dll to the project as a reference your program should not be doing that. Maybe the answer to the second qestion may answer the first. Yes, you will need to have Ultima Online installed on your computer in order for Ultima.dll to function correctly. You may download the ML client and all the files from download.com. Just do a search for ultima online. Good luck with your project.

rsmiller21

Wanderer
As far as I know it shouldn't be problem. You may just have a bad project build. I have had some occasions when a Visual Studio project file gets corrupted and won't load assemblies especially in VS 2001. Regardless of the version, try removing the Ultima.dll refference, then build the project (which will fail), remove all temp files from the project bin directory, then adding the Ultima.dll refference in again. Is this a stand alone application or is this going to be compiled from the RunUO server?

rsmiller21

Wanderer
It occured to me that is you are using this program in the RunUO server, you will need to add in all assembly references(Ultima.dll, System.Windows.Forms, ect) to the Assemblies.cfg in the Data directory.

rednaxela

Wanderer
Actually, it is now working.

I made it work under C# by using the same code, and then it worked on VB.NET..

:S

Thread closed, I guess!:D

Thanks ppl!