RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V2.0 Resources Starter (Ore/Leather/Wood/Granite/Boards/Logs/Crystals)

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
For Vhaerun...

The message you were getting came from the targeting side of it, this relates back to the type of tile you were aiming at which comes from the tile list at the bottom of the crystalgathering.cs file.

But i see you've mentioned you have fixed that problem so ok there.

Dr.Jei

Wanderer
I've got a problem:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (2178 items, 580 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Server.Items.Board
- Serial: 0x40032A79
Delete the object? (y/n)
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate

or if I answer yes:

World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Server.Items.Board
- Serial: 0x40032A79
Delete the object? (y/n)
Delete all objects of that type? (y/n)
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate

Error:
System.Exception: Load failed (items=True, mobiles=False, guilds=False, type=Ser
ver.Items.Board, serial=0x40032A79) ---> System.Exception: ***** Bad serialize o
n Server.Items.Board *****
at Server.World.Load()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Server.World.Load()
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

I have deleted all the files. Checked twice. Can you help me with this error?

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
Was this before, after or during the setting it up process ?

*EDIT*

It looks like the same sort of thing i had once with the testing of these resources.

If you've already got a server saved with boards in it then all of the original boards and logs will have to be deleted out of the server before the boards in this version go in. These boards and logs are different than the normal one's which is the usual cause of an error like this.

Normally just answering yes to the delete question would removed any old style boards from your server.

Vhaerun

Sorceror
That deletion isn't really doing the job. You need to pull the OWL system and go in and do a global remove of all boards and logs. When you think you've got them all, do a [countobjects and check your RunUO 2.0 folder for an objects.txt file.

Check the file, make sure all your boards/logs are gone. Hopefully, you're doing this on an empty shard without players or a lot of items. When I tried to delete the boards, I ended up wiping every item on the game. So.. be careful.

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
If you can revert the server to the original scripts (Before you added these files) and get it running again i'm sure theres commands to do global deletes etc etc.

Something like...(vague idea)

[delete global (where item) is a board

sort of thing, checking server commands in the Doc folder will help with command formats tho, i just can't remember right now.

*EDIT*

Just a side note, when you add this resource system it's going to wipe out all your old boards & logs because there coded in a slightly different way to the others, that seems to be the issue your having here.

Let me know how it goes.

the commands would be:

[global delete where baseboards
&
[global delete where baselog or baselogs - can't remeber if it was logs or log lol

but on the start up - just hit y (and not the enter key - it is no longer needed - if you hit enter it skips the 2nd y)
and then y again - and then it throw the exception and then you just restart it and they should be gone - might have to repeat fro each type of board/log - but eventuly they will be all gone

FingersMcSteal

Sorceror
Update in DefCarpentry.cs

File Update:
Gone through some of the craftables which were already in the 2.0 RC1 Release, made a few fixes to it and a couple of ML item additions now. The following has now been added to the menu...

Other...
Arcanist Statues
Warrior Statues
Squirrel Statues

Furniture...
Fixed Cliloc numbering for Maple & Cherry Amoire's in menu.
Arcane Book Shelf
Elven Wash Basin
Elven Dresser
I'm pretty sure these 3 should be containers, which i'll take a look at soon, there in to craft for the moment tho as deco.

Misc...
Parrot Perch
Arcane Circle
Tall Elven Bed
Elven Bed
Elven Loveseat
Alchemist Table

Blacksmith...
Elven Forge

I've just added these items from the code which was in the RC1 release, i'll work on some of the functionality (Containers etc etc) later and add it when it's in.

Just download this file and replace the 'DefCarpentry.cs' file which came with this resource release.

Attachments

• DefCarpentry.cs
    24.5 KB · Views: 26