RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vampire/Werewolf System

tbbd

Wanderer
Vampire/Werewolf System

Ok, here is my version of the infamous vampire/werewolf battle

Credits for people helping me with stuff I used in this:
Admin Vorspire: showed me how to make monster already damaged
ArteGordon: his code addition for the LastSpell tracking, and most importantly, helping me understand how many methods worked so I could do many things on my own (even a lot other than this script)

Files Included / Installation:
** Just unzip the folder in the customs directory
** 2 files you may already have (1)the RandomHue from my Random Dye Tub already released (2)BaseHire from nerun's distro. If you already have these somewhere, just delete those files. I didn't edit anything on those files for this release, you will just need to have them
** Instructions.txt shows what files you will need to edit (I didn't include already edited files because many people will already have those edited already, I just showed what to add)

Description:
** Spawn in human form, have a chance to convert to a stronger form while fighting(melee or magic attacks), and then before being killed, turn into a weaker form. Once idle (no more combatant, they revert back to human form.
** The weak form has increased hit point regeneration and they have a chance to flee and hide. Once healed (regen to full hits), they revert back to human form.
** Each has specialty ability to drain their opponent's life and add to their own (most of the time is just a random amount of damage, but sometimes will completely heal the vampire/ww)
** Immune to summoned creatures, pets, most spells (see the following exceptions), and any weapon other than silver
Vampires - lower resistance to fire, take damage from spells (fireball, fire field, flamestrike) and fire elementals
WereWolf - lower resistance to Energy, take damage from spells (Lightning, Explosion, Chain Lightning) and air elementals
** Sunlight is lethal. Vampires are instantly killed and werewolves can not convert. Dungeon light counts as night regardless of the time of day.
** They are in an opposition group (like orcs/savages) and will fight each other. They have a small chance of dropping special loot (vampire robe and werewolf claws). These work like the Orcish Kin Mask, if you are wearing one you are a friend to that side.
** Each side has a hireable NPC that specializes in killing them. They suck against anything other than their sworn enemy (do 1/2 damage attacks and rcv dbl damage from an attack). If the enemy they are fighting attempts to hide and flee, they may reveal them and continue fighting. They are a friend to the opposite side also.

So check it out and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• WWandVampires.zip
    18.5 KB · Views: 482

Memnoch

Wanderer
Question, if a player (i'm assuming players can be vampires) are in a building, or house, mainly out of direct sunlight, do they die right away?

tbbd

Wanderer
Memnoch said:
Question, if a player (i'm assuming players can be vampires) are in a building, or house, mainly out of direct sunlight, do they die right away?

This is not a player becomes a vampire system.

Ajantis

Wanderer
Why am I getting these errors after I did everything in the instructions?:

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (4 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs: CS1514: (line 151, column
36) { expected
- Error: Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs: CS1519: (line 155, column
2) Invalid token '{' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
- Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1514: (line 63, column 36) { expect
ed
- Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1519: (line 67, column 2) Invalid t
oken '{' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

tbbd

Wanderer
Ajantis said:
Why am I getting these errors after I did everything in the instructions?:

The only line that gets added to those 2 files is

public ISpell LastSpell;
near the top of each file

Nothing in there about a { near lines 150

Those errors must be from something else you have added...or maybe you didn't add the line within the public class.

I loaded this onto a default install and all worked ok...