RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[VendorGen borked :(

mumuboy

Sorceror
With RunUO SVN 821, I started up a fresh copy and did [VendorGen. It crashes with a stack overflow exception.

I understand that its related to the map/statics file. I am using the newest client, 7.0.22. Are there known issues, or is it too much data for 1-pass?

Thanks!

(I apologize if there is a bug tracking system I could have used.. The Jira link is down.)
EDIT: I found it there, I will post a bug track and link it here.

EDIT: http://jira.runuo.com/browse/RUNUO-124

mumuboy

Sorceror
I debugged the problem and its an issue with RecurseFindFloor in the Nujel'm area.​
The last call to CheckPoint resulted RecurseFindFloor X and Y values of 3770 and 1257 (Tailor in Nujel'm)​
After that first item was found the server recursed so much that it had a stack overflow.​
EDIT: I have put together a recursion list. It seems like the RecurseFindFloor has been called 5245 times.​
Looking at the file you will see that RFF is the RecurseFindFloor. PDC is ProcessDisplayCase and the number is the X-Y coordinates.​
EDIT: I did some more checking, and it seems that the way it identifies the floor tiles and the way Nujel'm has its floor tiles arranged looks like its causing the system to identify a super-massive floor of over 6,000 tiles.​

Attachments

• Recursion.txt
    723.7 KB · Views: 6

mumuboy

Sorceror
It seems in Scripts\Misc\VendorGenerator.cs the function IsFloor( int itemID ) sees EVERY tile in Nujel'm as adjacent (one large vendor shop).

Ideas on fixing this?