RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Version 2.5 issue with equipped weapon

Kouri

Squire
Whenever I try to remove a weapon that I'm holding it will disappear from my hand but it won't appear in my pack, I'm also unable to equip another weapon. When I restart the server the original weapon that I unequipped is back in my hand.

pooka01

Sorceror
Client version? Server version? PlayerMobile.cs?
Did this happen recently? Have you made any change lately?
For my part i've never had such thing happening

Kouri

Squire
Client - 7.0.34.23
Server - 2.5

No changes to the PlayerMobile that I can remember, even went through to see cause I usually mark changes.

I haven't made any changes recently, real life has kept me away from scripting.

pooka01

Sorceror
I'm not really familiar with the lastest version of the game, maybe it is a client glitch that prevent you from dragging your weapon because you are already holding something?
i think there is a command for "droptopack" or something similar, try to do that on yourself.

furthermore you ould check if:
pack full? max item reached? out of range? access denied? trade pending? --edit: also try from an external character, aka moving the weapon of someone else from his paperoll to his pack.
many things can get into conflict, try with a fresh char, the first thing you do is equip, unequip, equip, unequip, if this works, move a piece of cloth from your paperdoll, move it to your pack, wear it again, and repeat first step.

haazen

Sorceror
This is the same issue I post a few days ago. Not sure where the issue can be resolved. Razor maybe.

But here is a work around. Tell your players to go to a different facet. That resets whatever is causing the sticky fingers and it stays fixed while you stay logged on. I also wrote a new command for players that bounces them to a different facet and back. This is a cheap fix for now.

pooka01

Sorceror
What about calling InvalidateProperties(); on a command, have you tried that haazen?
It is called when changing maps, so it might be a better fix than moving the player on maps :p

Kouri

Squire
I'm not sure what is up, but, I extracted a clean install of 2.5. I moved over 2 files, CC2.cs and a custom weapon. I didn't make any changes to anything else. Created my staff account as a mage. When I got into the game I removed the spellbook from my hands to my pack but I still had to use the [viewequip command to actually remove the spellbook from my hands before I could equip anything else. After that, I was able to unequip and reequip anything I wanted. Also, in my testing, I didn't move my character more than 5 squares from the default start point.

pooka01

Sorceror
Is it only happening to new characters or really just when the server comes back from a restart/crash?

Kouri

Squire
I started a new player and again I was unable to unequip the weapon that was in his hand.

So, I'm guessing it is new characters. I haven't had any crashes lately so I can't say aye or nay on that one.

haazen

Sorceror
Thought I had also tested InvalidateProperties(); So I just tested again. It does not clear the Sticky Fingers.

Also it is not just new players.

We use SVN 1083 (no clue which 2.? this is) , client 7-0-35-3 , Razor v1.0.13

haazen

Sorceror
I should have been clearer. It is all items. The only thing I have not been able to test. I use razor to log on. Not sure if folks using other means to log in have this issue.

Kouri

Squire
Yes, thank you Milva, never even suspected that the issue was with Razor!

Reading back through the replies, I saw that Haazen mentioned maybe an issue with Razor also, wish I would have seen that earlier.

Kouri

Squire
It seems to have. I created a couple of test accounts and there was no problem with unequipping or equipping items.