RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Wanted] Serious coder

Eclipse-

Wanderer
[Wanted] Serious coder

I'll make this post short and sweet.

My team and I (currently myself and one other coder) are looking for a coder very knowledgeable in
C# and the RunUO 2.0 emulator. Our other coder is a C# programmer does not have very much
experience in RunUO.

We have a dedicated high-speed connection through an ISP's backbone. Further down the road we will
be leasing a high-end server box that will handle an enormous player base.

The shard we are creating will have a very rigid outline and we are very serious about making it one
of, if not the most, popular free shard out there. It will focus on creating a balance between the various
different play styles (PvP, PvE, etc.). PvP will be a main theme. There will be no Trammel.

The "feel" of a T2A era shard will be important, however era accuracy will not be our primary goal.
We will not be limited in that way, we just want to capture that element of constant danger and risk.

Listed here are various planned features we plan on implementing:
-Automated events
-Robust quest system
-Rare spawners
-Faction-esque PvP system
-Extensive statistics tracking
-Website/Shard integration
-Varying difficulty custom dungeon spawns
-Custom "champ spawn" system

Of course every other system in the game such as the skills etc. will be tuned to our liking as we go along.

If you are interested in becoming a member of our staff and coding your share of the work load, or even
want recognized for a piece of code here or there feel free to PM me with any questions or comments.

-Eclipse :cool:

edit:\\ Apologies if this was the wrong forum to post in. I recently discovered a thread on ConnectUO.com and posted there also.
Please place this post in the correct forum if it is misplaced :) Thanks.

Eclipse-

Wanderer
This offer is still open. Our team has already begun work and we would love to have someone with a bit of RunUO coding experience with us.

We have a temporary website up HERE until we purchase our domain.

I encourage you to take a look if you have RunUO experience. Take a look through our forums HERE for more info.

Let me know through PM or this thread if you are interested. ~Thanks.

Eclipse-

Wanderer
After we go live, depending on how much certain coders script, they will benefit from donations drawn in.

Obviously if you've only added one script you wont pull in very much... but if you prove to be dedicated you
may be offered a significant amount. Many of the things in the original post still need a large amount of code
work because the systems are going to be unique.

Let us know if you're interested in helping.

Eclipse-

Wanderer
Lord_Greywolf;805800 said:
this is not the place to avertise for staff - it is against the rules

go to ConnectUO - they have a section just for it

most people here all reayd have their own shards

Will discontinue the thread. Thank you :)