RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wax Crafting

Manu

Knight
[1.0] Wax Crafting

First, I would like to announce that it is all Joekus fault. He made me do this! So if you dont download, use and enjoy this, Joeku, I'll shave your head, wax your body and use you for a surfboard! :D

Ok, time to get serious. My wax crafting system consists of the following:

-The actual crafting system
-A slightly modified Apiculture system (originally created by Cyberspud)
-A "Collect and deliver" Quest (additional source of wax)

The Apiculture System

The beehives hold a maximum of 10 raw wax and 20 raw honey. Deeds for the hives and the hivetools are sold by Beekeepers. Raw wax needs to be processed to get usable beeswax, sideproduct is slumgum. A processing tool can be bought from Beekepers, too.

The Quest

The quest consists of an old man, wild beehives and honey bears. The old man sends the players out to find him honeycombs, which they can pull out of wild beehives and honey bears. (which have to be spawned by you somewhere). The bears look like normal brown bears, except they pack one single honeycomb. In exchange for 5 honeycombs the player gets a Honeycomb Processing Kettle, which allows him/her to separate the honeycomb into raw beeswax and honey.

The Wax Crafting System

The system uses alchemy and is based on a cap of 100. It is centered on the Wax Crafting Pot. Out of wax you have to craft the base ressources (blank candles and candle wicks). with those you can craft the following items:

-Candles
Short, Short Colored (colored candles require dyes and are randomly hued when crafted)
Long, Long Colored (colored candles require dyes and are randomly hued when crafted)
Skull Candle (requires a special candle fit skull, which you can spawn wherever you want)
Candle of love (requires Essence of Love, which you can spawn wherever you want)

-Decorative items (not usable for candle creation)
Dipping Stick (flipable)
Some blank candles
Pile of blank candles
Raw Wax Bust (can be used by anyone with 100 Anatomy to show the face of a targeted player -> "Wax Bust Of *Players Name*")

Usage:

Drop into scripts/customs folder. Backup and replace files in "modified" folder. Spawn the old man, wild beehives, honeybears, candle fit skull and essence of love anywhere you like.

I take no credit for the apiculture script, it was written and released by Cyberspud and can be found here

Enjoy :)

Attachments

• WaxCrafting.zip
    38.3 KB · Views: 387

gandalf

Sorceror
download

This looks very interesting, I'd like to implement this on my shard but I don't see a downloadable file. Am I missing something or is it just downloading the apiculture file?

seltor

Sorceror
Am I blind or is there no script posted with this mate? I can't wait to get this going again. Is it is English this time? Thanks for all the hard work

Joeku

Lord
Lol... looks like he forgot to attach the file. Just wait a few days, he'll notice it :D

P.S. I'm taking the credit for forcing Manu to make this script :cool:

Rylock

Wanderer
Other than adding the quest, is there anything different from the system Cyberspud did and the wax crafting I added?

Good of you to bring put it together in one, too. Well done.

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Doesnt this usually happen whenever he posts lol.. I see this happen alot in his posts usually he fixes it before ppl rip out their hair though..

Manu

Knight
My bad! My bad! I was so busy blaming Joeku that I actually did forget to attach the file. Sorry! ;) Usually I just forget one or two facts, but not the most vital part :(

Seltor: Yes, its in english.
Rylock: Since I dont know your wax crafting system I can't tell.

Manu

Knight
*UPDATE*

New item: Raw Wax Bust (flipable)

This item can be used by anyone with 100 anatomy. When used you get a targeting cursor. If you target another player or yourself, the name of the bust will change to "Wax Bust Of *Targets Name*". Since there is only 1 fitting item for this bust I cant supply a female version, sorry :(

Special thanks to Hitman, who helped me with my targeting issue :)

Either redownload the whole package, or just the new item and the updated DefWaxCrafting I attached to this posting. Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• DefWaxCrafting.cs
    5.5 KB · Views: 59
  • RawWaxBust.cs
    2.3 KB · Views: 57