RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the forum for new users! <eom>

ArteGordon

Wanderer
If I may, here is a link to the forum rules and guidelines, so that when you venture out of the safety of this forum, you are armed :)

http://www.runuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2

David

Moderate
Good move Ryan! I think this is Great!

For the "newbies" (not sure I really like that term) let me again say Welcome to RunUO.

For everyone, let me say that I will be aggressive in moderating this forum. Keep it clean and polite, let's all make this the safe haven it is supposed to be. Basiclly, I would ask you to remember two points; Everyone was new when they started, and there are no dumb questions.

:D

stormwolff

Knight
The biggest issues I have seen are not from a lack of a newbs knowledge but from a lack of searching. Many many questions have been asked more than a few times on these forums. I found one today that asked the same question as a post 2 posts away from it.

I try to do my best to help somebody but when I suggest to search using the search and the user who needed the help comes back within 5 minutes and says they couldnt find anything thats not a lack of knowledge that just a lack of searching.

Having said all that I think a newb on newb help forum is a good idea but it should still be suggested that a user search more than 5 minutes for a previous posting on the topic they are looking for then post a help request.

This will help some requests to not get pushed off the front page as quickly as they do around here.

kalashnikov

Wanderer
typo

Hey Ryan, I'm not trying to "flame" anyone but whoever typed the part about not flaming people in here misspelled tongue. Just figured I'd point out the typo. Most people wouldn't care anyways. I'm just somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to spelling and grammar.

Lysdexic

Sorceror
stormwolff said:
The biggest issues I have seen are not from a lack of a newbs knowledge but from a lack of searching. Many many questions have been asked more than a few times on these forums. I found one today that asked the same question as a post 2 posts away from it.

That is a severe understatement, but does it still justify a lashing from Phantom or others every single time (he doesn't deserve the blunt of the blame)? I typically prefer the quick note of use the search and leave it as is, far better than being jumped on and still left uninformed that a search would have found it already asked.

stormwolff

Knight
That is a severe understatement, but does it still justify a lashing from Phantom every single time? I typically prefer the quick note of use the search and leave it as is, far better than being jumped on and still left uninformed that a search would have found it already asked.

I didnt say anything about phantom.

Lysdexic

Sorceror
I know you didn't, and I'm not either, just the way the entire post has lead otherwise definately isn't fair on his behalf.

stormwolff

Knight
I know you didn't, and I'm not either, just the way the entire post has lead otherwise definately isn't fair on his behalf.

Nobody in this topic mentioned phantom other than you.

If you mean my post its not about phantom either. It is just my general observations in my short time on these forums.

Anyhoo this is getting far too offtrack from the welcome topic. If you wish to phantom bash there seems to be a topic for that already in this forum.