RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where are all the old submissions?!

Zippy

Razor Creator
Where are all the old submissions?!

Unfortunently, with migration to the new board, and new submissions system, Submissions which have not be replied to in the last 21 days have been REMOVED. We're sorry for the invonvience.

Also, all submissions submitted under the old system that did not get deleted are NOT LONGER CATEGORIZED, and those files which were housed on runuo.com ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

These threads are here for REFERENCE only. ALL scripts should be RESUBMITTED.

Thank you, and (really) sorry for the inconvience.

Zippy

Razor Creator
All old threads that were not deleted have been locked. They are here for reference only and will be deleted in a few weeks.

Zigamus

Wanderer
I assume . . .

I assume the Shrink potion/hitching post falls into this 'old' catagory? I SURE hope they resubmit this, as my timing was just bad enuff that when I arrive here needing it the site is changing and it is no longer available :mad:

Maybe I can ask for assistance then. I would like to have a Hitching Post that 'stables' mounts like the Orbsydia shard has, and would also like to have the SHRINK functions available on my shard. Anyone know where I could find these scripts for RunUO?

Thank you!

psz

Administrator
Zigamus said:
I assume the Shrink potion/hitching post falls into this 'old' catagory? I SURE hope they resubmit this, as my timing was just bad enuff that when I arrive here needing it the site is changing and it is no longer available :mad:

Maybe I can ask for assistance then. I would like to have a Hitching Post that 'stables' mounts like the Orbsydia shard has, and would also like to have the SHRINK functions available on my shard. Anyone know where I could find these scripts for RunUO?

Thank you!

If they're not submitted, you will have to write your own. Requests are not allowed.

Syther

Wanderer
question

i have a question involving when the new RunUO will be release i stop playing uo forabit just becauseigot tried of playing the same old player run shards (except uogammerswitch owns) i got tired of these little pkwant tobe making thereownshardbascly ruining uo so please tell mewhen the newrunuo is release imgoing to make my own semishard its going to be complety diffent and will hav nothing to do with osi at all! the gumps will be diffent and so will alot of the land in fact nothing willbe the same the it will be diffent comeltly newrules newtowns neweverything and if anyone wants to help meplease email me!

Phantom

Knight
Syther said:
i have a question involving when the new RunUO will be release i stop playing uo forabit just becauseigot tried of playing the same old player run shards (except uogammerswitch owns) i got tired of these little pkwant tobe making thereownshardbascly ruining uo so please tell mewhen the newrunuo is release imgoing to make my own semishard its going to be complety diffent and will hav nothing to do with osi at all! the gumps will be diffent and so will alot of the land in fact nothing willbe the same the it will be diffent comeltly newrules newtowns neweverything and if anyone wants to help meplease email me!

What?

The next release isn't going to be different from Beta 36, it just will have stuff that is not currently in by default.

No everythign is based on OSI, if you don't like it change it. You also don't have to wait for the next release to do this.

willis-o

Wanderer
script submission

Im sure thats a great thing by asking people to stop requesting for scripts, inorder to cut down on used web space but what is the plan for those scripts which have had their links broken by RunUO when they changed over.

I mean, Im a Newbe and I can script a little bit, but Im no god at it.

The script Im looking for has a broken link and Im not a scripting God. :confused:

psz

Administrator
Once the Submission System works again, the original authors of scripts can repost them.

If those authors are no longer around, that means their scripts are no longer supported, and should NOT be used.

Requests should be limmited to the Subscriber Request forum. This goes for old scripts as well as new ones.

swift07

Wanderer
Boooooooo!!!

You should have left the old scripts up for at least like 2 months, I planned on them all being there still as I wiped my computer.

I made a backup save for my shard and I did not back up the scripts, I thought I would redownload them. However, thanks to your deleting of the old scripts, I can't.

Tru

Knight
swift07 said:
You should have left the old scripts up for at least like 2 months, I planned on them all being there still as I wiped my computer.

I made a backup save for my shard and I did not back up the scripts, I thought I would redownload them. However, thanks to your deleting of the old scripts, I can't.
You realize this thread was started in February thats more than 2 months ago :rolleyes:

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
swift07 said:

Was there any specific ones you were looking for? I try to get most of them (not all, but most at least to have). I just formatted my PC not too long ago cause I got tired of W2K and put XP Pro back on. but my DVD-R is not reading, so still playing with that, but I do have quite a few here and there.

Phantom

Knight
swift07 said:

We don't care that your shard won't have these scripts, make them yourself.

It would have been gone for 3 months after your 2 months request.

We moved to VB so they were gone anyhow, get over it, or stop using runuo.

I hate ungreatful users like you.

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
Phantom said:
We don't care that your shard won't have these scripts, make them yourself.

It would have been gone for 3 months after your 2 months request.

We moved to VB so they were gone anyhow, get over it, or stop using runuo.

I hate ungreatful users like you.

Sounds like somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed today.. :eek:

stormwolff

Knight
iZJokersWild said:
Sounds like somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed today.. :eek:

Phatom's reply is not unreasonable. Think about it this way.

1. This guy blames runuo for not backing up scripts for him. Swift07 probably should have made a backup himself before deleting his script folder. In dealing with anything script related backups are always a good thing for a shard admin to have.

2. swift07 requests that stuff be saved for 2 months in a topic that is 4 months old. So even if his request was filled at the tiem of posting they would still be gone at this point :)

Having said that yes it would have been nice to have access to the old files and im sure if they could have brought them over easily they would have.

If the author is still around he/she has had the chance to resubmit for 4 months. If the author is no longer around who wants to use an unsupported script anyway?

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
Oh, I know Phantom is not wrong and agree entirely with both of you. Even if he did not mean it in a negative way he could have said it better or jsut asked if anybody still had any of the older scripts or even just do a search for them. Was just teasin Phantom, sounded like he was bein grumpy again.
Like you both said, RunUO did leave all the older scripts up for a while. I think they even had them put aside to make them easier to find (unless I am mistaken). Then they first posted that they were not going to be there for much longer (which they DID post), it was on an extra month or so longer then they had originally stated. I do like to keep old scripts and such, just to have in case others need. Eventually, if I ever get off my arse and do it, I will make a web site just for holding the scripts and older files (if I can find a good sized web page). Mainly because I think there has been a lot of really great scripts written which were lost or forgotten. Some probably would not work on 1.0, but being how there are tons of scripters on here, I am sure somebody could covert them. Maybe since swift is so upset with losing all the scripts, he will want to make the page! You know, for the helpful sake of others.

volition

Wanderer
well guys i have been doing a lot of d-loading here for my self on testing the new scripts and making sure the good ones made it to my buds shard but seeing as there was a change to the site and yes i think most of us just missed that one d-load we wanted so what i ask is that if you have any original thoughts pls script em and see if you can post them here and yes i am starting to learn how to script im starting with weapons and armor before i go into anything a little more advanced but lets all try to do something i have leeched from this community with out having to do my own work for like a year its time i start to help build on the community thanks for your time i know we can get this site back to having all its fun scripts again peace out Vol ----free will isnt just about life its about how to live life---- :cool:

Alcerious

Wanderer
Im not sure if my question follows under this sorry just didn't get by they way you worded it. But All the scripts that were sumited under submited scripts are gone. Is this what you are talking about?

Sorry again if it was.

JoeyVille

Wanderer
Hey, I need to know some of the old scripts. I recently transfered hosting of my shard, and can't find half the item scripts I used to have. They were downloaded from here.. I can remember the names of them: Blood armor set, doom kiss, armor of the templar, crescent moon, grim aura, black sword, pvp hat (blaze wizard hat with mage properties), mage bracelet (was the name of the actual item), poison/fire/energy/ice bows, some sort of bluish/red colored spear (forget name).. God I need these :(

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
JoeyVille said:
Hey, I need to know some of the old scripts. I recently transfered hosting of my shard, and can't find half the item scripts I used to have. They were downloaded from here.. I can remember the names of them: Blood armor set, doom kiss, armor of the templar, crescent moon, grim aura, black sword, pvp hat (blaze wizard hat with mage properties), mage bracelet (was the name of the actual item), poison/fire/energy/ice bows, some sort of bluish/red colored spear (forget name).. God I need these :(

If they were for RunUO 36, then they are no longer supported. Most of those look like B36 scripts. I would just update to 1.0 cause nobody is really giving any support for the old version.