RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the very beginning script lol.

Bugbear_1

Sorceror
Okay, its been quite awhile since I have been on here. I have since delved way into C# scripting and have a pretty good handle on the basic language. However if you open up the UO folder and look inside you see so many different folders and .cs script files. I am actually trying to go from the actual devs beginning concept to better understand structuring of all the UO files. I understand he/she began probably with parent scripts like BaseCreature however I would like to get to the core, to understand how the whole thing really works and how to create my own compiler and build a game from scratch. I hope this makes sense. Thank you for your time, and it is good to be back on here again :)

Acronis

Sorceror
main.cs has the main function, which calls everything else. It compiles the "scripts" folder into a DLL then loads it. Base scripts such as Item and Mobile as well as the packet stuff can be found there.

john burns

Sorceror
would it be better to just compile them into a dll when you are sure what u want. then runuo should start faster, right?

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Yes, you wouldn't need to compile the Scripts directory then. But the core is made to not work if the Scripts directory is empty, so you'd have to go in and tweak that too.