RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do we refer to C# as a scriptin language?

S

Silver Ghost

Why do we refer to C# as a scriptin language?

By all means, it's a complete 100% programming language. So why do we refer to it as a "Scripting Language"?

If you were a General (in the Navy or whatever), would you be ok with recruits calling you Serjant?

I believe C# is pissed off by u doing that.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Silver Ghost,

I am going to just be honest.

You are trying my patience. C# is considered a scripting language via the CLR compiler. If you read up on it you would understand.

Also... if you dont know this... something that is RUNTIME COMPILED (ie: the RunUO Script directory) is called a script.

S

Silver Ghost

Ryan said:
Silver Ghost,

I am going to just be honest.

You are trying my patience. C# is considered a scripting language via the CLR compiler. If you read up on it you would understand.

Also... if you dont know this... something that is RUNTIME COMPILED (ie: the RunUO Script directory) is called a script.

Sorry if I am. It's just the kind of person I am and I'd like it if you could accept me this way. +I didn't know that it was Runtime compiling - I haven' even started the server yet - I am in the college - when I get home I will play with it. Thanks for the answer anyway.

Eagle

Wanderer
*cough* read-up *cough* use server *cough* read more doc's *cough* experince *cough* try again *cough* note to self : open mouth insert foot *cough*

Did i say something ?

-Eagle Out

K

Krazy_zack

Besides Eagle we should give him SOME slack...

He is ONLY 15 after all...

(Can ya smell the scarsam?)

pmouse

Wanderer
Judging by his speeches I can sense his personality

besides, if he's the one that WAS in SPHERE community and LEFT for SOME reason, I know him even better :)

S

Silver Ghost

Do I know you? I left for one reason - RunUO - its something that might have future. Unlike other emus.

S

Silver Ghost

No I wouldn't. Am i? If I am tell me what to do to make you feel more comfortable.

Thunder69n

Wanderer
personality

I can tell by others writing in here that they not liking ur personality much.. I not care for 1(BTW I am a nobody so no need to make me feel comfortable) I pretty much try to come on here and complain about probs still wit 3d :( sounds like 3d is harder to work on and to many peeps still using 2d. I also suposivly have a personality disorder so i am not even gonna try to recomend nutin :)

S

Silver Ghost

Heh. I always try to look for good in people. And hey - I can't blame those guys - when I used to be "god" in sphere, and hundreds of newbies a day used to come to my website and ask me something stupid I'd also get frustrated.

But I can list a few reasons why they acted a little rude toward me:

1. The beginning of the week.
2. Newbie
3. Too many questions from newbie
4. Newbie
5. Read the damn docs.

... Hey you can't blame them!

A

AlejandroX

Ah well, you can be arrogant and an asshole and still not get banned. You need to find a balance, like me. :D