RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don't you play on OSI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milsik

Wanderer
Why don't you play on OSI?

I'm just wondering why don't you guys play OSI? Is it because it costs? Or that its not all that good anymore?
I'm just wondering. Please no flames like "OSI sucks" if you think OSI sucks please tell me why.

WooT

Wanderer
I dont like OSI any more because once patch 16 came out must have been before that, it just all seemed to go down hill. Not to mention that 99% of the people that play are just trying to screew other people over.
When LBR came out I felt it going down hit and I cut back on play because I felt they were trying to take one game and give it the feel of nearly every game out there.
I liked OSI when it was simple. No cold resist, no special atacks, no necros and paly. Now it just feels like a bad diablo 2.
I also dont like the $10 per month too much =P

Wraslin

Wanderer
Hmmm...maybe because I like to play the game I paid for and don't particularly like dumbing things down to broaden the customer base for EA products.

UO is not UO, that died when UO:R came out. UO:R died when LBR came out. AOS killed LBR.

Raziel028

Wanderer
I am too poor to play :p. I dont like the different resists and stuff all that much either. The necro stuff is pretty cool bc necromancers were in alot of the original ultima games (although they were enemies). Paladins are stupid, but i do like most of the new weapons, most of them are realistic, except those stupid bladed staves.

K

Krazy_zack

OSI Sux!

Sorry had to.

Basically I stopped playing around UO:R. You can only take so much crap from people before you want to reach through your computer and break your foot off in their ass.

And the 'monthly fee' sux too.

Mortis

Knight
I still have my OSI account and yes it is active and paid for every month. I just never go on to play it. To busy with RunUO.

flamez

Sorceror
Absolutely...Just into adding that when AoS came out it totally ruined the base playing of UO...i mean UO Ren was cool..and LBR was kinda good but AoS just ruined it...This is not a flame its the truth...also...just after AoS came out..i got hacked and lost 30 million gold and 4 houses...and 4 accounts with chars and a 5 elder 110 pvp mage..and a 110 tamer and alot of other stuff...so i guess i just didnt care to start that all over again..so i quit :rolleyes:

Tim

Wanderer
I stopped playing simply because 5 years was long enough. Too long for any game. It's been played out and abused. Good bye and good riddance.

K

Krazy_zack

DontdroptheSOAD said:
osi adding aos just ruined the game

Everytime OSI changed somthing (aka 'added' a new cd) sombody says that it "ruined it".

How about being more specific? I LIKE all the new shit AOS / OSI has to offer...

It's the PEOPLE that piss me off...

P

php-junkie

Krazy_zack said:
DontdroptheSOAD said:

Everytime OSI changed somthing (aka 'added' a new cd) sombody says that it "ruined it".

How about being more specific? I LIKE all the new **** AOS / OSI has to offer...

It's the PEOPLE that **** me off...
It's the nature of the "aka new cd" that ruins it. UO has slowly died off since UO:R for at least the PvP community. I hear from some of my friends that Pacific fel is just dead. No one at all ever around. Simply because OSI killed it with pub16 and AOS. The release of factions was great for a bit but really killed PvP in the long run. The Chaos/Order wars before Factions rocked. Then other stupid shit like bolas, runics and ice staffs fucked it all up as well.

Dalius

Wanderer
UO isn't a PvP game. It was made to be a role playing game that you interact with. If you want a MMOPVPG, get Shadowbane.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Krazy_zack said:
DontdroptheSOAD said:

How about being more specific? I LIKE all the new **** AOS / OSI has to offer...

It's the PEOPLE that **** me off...

do have any sense of life that doesnt include flaming me?

K

Krazy_zack

do have any sense of life that doesnt include flaming me?

Dude ok wait hold on!

I'm not ot to go around flaming you.....

I wanted you to explain specifically what the latest releases did to fuk up you OSI UO experience....

You better watch out or I might 'droptheSOAD' ;)

Lazyburn

Wanderer
UO isn't a PvP game. It was made to be a role playing game that you interact with. If you want a MMOPVPG, get Shadowbane.

UO is a PvP game for me. Maybe its not for you but it is for me and a whole bunch of other people. Just because you dont like other people owning you in game doesn't mean that it HAS to be a role playing game for other people. Maybe our view of role playing to us means killing other people. Or do we all have to be role players who stay in tram and tame drags/ww's and never get to actually fight. Maybe we just dont like to have in-game marriages and sell items at the brit bank. I consider all of those things that trammys do absolutely no fun. I dont find fighting monsters very challenging. I would rather fight something with actual intelligence and takes skill and practice to kill. If UO was strictly role playing why would they put a fel? Why would they allow you to attack people? Why could u go red?

I quit UO once AoS came out. I feel the pvp is completely ruined. It all now depends on what items you have and what resistances and all that. I almost quit a few times once Pub 16 came out because the pvp was also greatly disbalanced because of the power scrolls. I didnt like the idea that it took you twice as long to make a char, and that certain people had 120 skills while others had gm or less. It is basically impossible to kill a person with 20 - 30 more skill than you. Even if they are a trammy. First time I logged on after AoS I was knocked off horse then double swung at. I logged off and canceled account then. Haven't looked back since. I dont like Diablo II because of the pvp, so neither do I like UO. In fact I think that Diablo II has prob even better pvp than EA UO now. And that is just sad IMO cuz Diablo II is one of the crappiest pvp games ever.

Agamemnon

Dalius

Wanderer
UO is a PvP game for me. Maybe its not for you but it is for me and a whole bunch of other people.

Unfortunatly, this is true. This is also what caused the facet split. People were complaining that people were taking UO as a shooter game and OSI reacted by making a safe-facet for people who did not want to participate.

PvPers blame OSI for the facet split, but it was their own fault.

Maybe our view of role playing to us means killing other people. Or do we all have to be role players who stay in tram and tame drags/ww's and never get to actually fight.

Role playing is playing a role. It's being another person. Your view of roleplaying is warped. I roleplayed and killed people at the same time. I didn't go around killing people like a mass murderer. I'd go up to them, ask them to give up their valuables and they can walk free, or they die. Hardly anyone ever tried to give me anything, so I'd murder them, take some stuff from their coprse (not all of it) and find someone else to rob.

When you PvP, as you say, its fun. As is roleplaying. When you do both at the same time, you are playing UO as how it should.

I dont find fighting monsters very challenging.

Try fighting the Harrower, he is a bitch to kill.

I would rather fight something with actual intelligence and takes skill and practice to kill.

I don't find pressing a bunch of macros on your keyboard very skillful. If you do, I guess thats your definition of it.

If UO was strictly role playing why would they put a fel?

Answered above.

Why would they allow you to attack people? Why could u go red?

Because that's how the game works. Just because UO allows you to kill people, doesn't mean that killing everyone is the basis of the game.

--

I do not mean this as a flame, so sorry if you take offence to it. I just enjoy debating :D

Status
Not open for further replies.