RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don't you play on OSI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.quick

Wanderer
Updates

My first character was a fisherman didnt do it for the rares either never got my fishing above 55 or so , did it for the fish , i love to haggle and i would fish till i had crap loads of fish and haggle on the prices didnt care about the money had a gm swoardsman that made more in a day than i could make in 4 fishing fish cakes, but had a blast became the cook for a few guilds hung out with em learned about stealing and pvp never raised the skills or pvped but had a blast, then one week i start getting connection problems couldnt log on for a while tried like hell but couldn't when i came back on 2 things happend , 1. they let chaos and order guilds attack eachother in trammel (where i like it, friendly, fel's all well and good and any tramie that scampers thru deserves a good woping) and 2. My tower around a little pond collapsed, lost all my crap and alot of good memories, went to town to check my bank and bam got jacked up by a chaos guild (that was order till that morning that they desided to switch for laughs) . so the way i see it is i payed OSI 10 bucks a month to keep an account and have a house and all that good stuff and they couldnt wait 7 days for my connection to stableize so i lost my plot , and the way updates were set it skiped thru the PVP order chaos tram update so i got jacked up after loosing my home,, now if i want to pay 10 bucks to become a Muged homeless MMORPG character than you can just shoot me now, + free shards have gotten much better since
UO-R,

Snobothehobo

Sorceror
Well, here's my story.

I played OSI for about 4 years (my dad played for 5). My dad and I shared an account. As soon as AoS came out, we played UO for about a month after that before we couldn't take the trammie stuff that it added and just canceled our OSI account.

Macil

Sorceror
Hrmmm, I forget what patch it was. But after they made the provocation fixes where you couldn't provoke more than one creature at once and you had to be in certain range, I started to dislike the game completely. I felt I had finally found a way to make cash (Shadow Wyrms at Destart, and making cash was never at all a strong point for me in the game heh), and they took it away from me. Also the skill thing, which I understand why they added it, does seem smart to have it so you can only provoke dragons at high levels, but again, it was a money maker for the time, heh. Also, skill changes in general I hugely disliked. No power hours (those were fun-for me heh). The housing crises as time went on became a joke. The EA take over was a 'last straw' moment for me. Also, as someone stated earlier in this thread, I was tired of people always out to screw you over or ruin your gaming experience. I realize it's a cut throat world and all, but geeze. Some plays on OSI shards need to just simmer down, heh. "I pwned j00 f00l." *Shakes head*

Hrm, what else. So many reasons. Ah, yes! At times, I just didn't enjoy having soooo many people playing. Sometimes I just wanted my family and myself to roam Britannia without risk of being scammed, slaughtered, or what have you by other players. RunUO gave me that freedom. Also, it wasn't so much myself who objected paying a monthly fee for the game, but a lot of my friend's parents didn't like the idea of it, so many of my friends couldn't play. That changed with RunUO. =)

Okay, I think that's enough reasons for now, heh.

cward

Wanderer
Some of these post sound like you guys are saying "I don't play OSI because I can't be a GM.". Some of the others sound like you have never been on OSI. Maybe half of these actually sound legit.

I still play OSI, and to be honest I've met more assholes on freeshards than I have on OSI.

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Macil said:
Hrmmm, I forget what patch it was. But after they made the provocation fixes where you couldn't provoke more than one creature at once and you had to be in certain range, I started to dislike the game completely. I felt I had finally found a way to make cash (Shadow Wyrms at Destart, and making cash was never at all a strong point for me in the game heh), and they took it away from me. Also the skill thing, which I understand why they added it, does seem smart to have it so you can only provoke dragons at high levels, but again, it was a money maker for the time, heh. Also, skill changes in general I hugely disliked. No power hours (those were fun-for me heh). The housing crises as time went on became a joke. The EA take over was a 'last straw' moment for me. Also, as someone stated earlier in this thread, I was tired of people always out to screw you over or ruin your gaming experience. I realize it's a cut throat world and all, but geeze. Some plays on OSI shards need to just simmer down, heh. "I pwned j00 f00l." *Shakes head*

Hrm, what else. So many reasons. Ah, yes! At times, I just didn't enjoy having soooo many people playing. Sometimes I just wanted my family and myself to roam Britannia without risk of being scammed, slaughtered, or what have you by other players. RunUO gave me that freedom. Also, it wasn't so much myself who objected paying a monthly fee for the game, but a lot of my friend's parents didn't like the idea of it, so many of my friends couldn't play. That changed with RunUO. =)

Okay, I think that's enough reasons for now, heh.

Like cward said, I don't think you've played on OSI much...

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Dr.quick said:
My first character was a fisherman didnt do it for the rares either never got my fishing above 55 or so , did it for the fish , i love to haggle and i would fish till i had crap loads of fish and haggle on the prices didnt care about the money had a gm swoardsman that made more in a day than i could make in 4 fishing fish cakes, but had a blast became the cook for a few guilds hung out with em learned about stealing and pvp never raised the skills or pvped but had a blast, then one week i start getting connection problems couldnt log on for a while tried like hell but couldn't when i came back on 2 things happend , 1. they let chaos and order guilds attack eachother in trammel (where i like it, friendly, fel's all well and good and any tramie that scampers thru deserves a good woping) and 2. My tower around a little pond collapsed, lost all my crap and alot of good memories, went to town to check my bank and bam got jacked up by a chaos guild (that was order till that morning that they desided to switch for laughs) . so the way i see it is i payed OSI 10 bucks a month to keep an account and have a house and all that good stuff and they couldnt wait 7 days for my connection to stableize so i lost my plot , and the way updates were set it skiped thru the PVP order chaos tram update so i got jacked up after loosing my home,, now if i want to pay 10 bucks to become a Muged homeless MMORPG character than you can just shoot me now, + free shards have gotten much better since
UO-R,

First off, that post was 2 sentances...

Secondly, I don't think you've played OSI either...

eidolon

Sorceror
Milsik said:
I'm just wondering why don't you guys play OSI? Is it because it costs? Or that its not all that good anymore?
I'm just wondering. Please no flames like "OSI sucks" if you think OSI sucks please tell me why.

I still play on OSI. And Pub 26 has made it a lot more fun to hunt, since I can actually glean some reward from my time out there beating away at monsters. The only thing I really can't stand is how nerfed thieves are, and how annoying the arti-whores that PvP are. Especially seeing as you can't strip them of their precious arti's in any way. What I'd give to rip off their $200 (yes, $200, or more) artifacts and then rub it in their face back in Trammel... Ah, one can dream...

But I use RunUO because I've always loved creating stuff. I played with Lego's endlessly as a kid : P RunUO is like a huge, infinitely complicated, and incredibly flexible set of digitized Lego's, so naturally, I love it! And being able to share my creation with others, and have them interact with it, and enjoy it, is incredbibly rewarding.

georox

Wanderer
cward said:
Some of these post sound like you guys are saying "I don't play OSI because I can't be a GM.". Some of the others sound like you have never been on OSI. Maybe half of these actually sound legit.

I still play OSI, and to be honest I've met more assholes on freeshards than I have on OSI.
I quit osi when I needed to contact there support and well I cant speak spanish (><) It just got boring to me, I liked PvP with skill, not with items, which is why I played uo... artifacts ruined that. Geo from Chessapeake.

I don't play on uo anymore because I found the free shards...I still wouldn't mind playing but I can't afford it right now- student college.

-Drake Soulburner
Atlantic Shard

Raynew43

Sorceror
Over the past year or so my interest has dwindled so that I was playing less and less. I even left a guild I had joined back in summer of '98 to join another a year ago. Things did pick up a little but then it got boring again. I have two accounts, one of which will be 7 years old this coming Jan.
With the addition of AOS, UO became more item oriented than before. In order to compete, you need high level items such as Doom artifacts.
But I believe UO went to hell in a handbasket when EA forced Richard Garriott out. Depending on the next expansion determines when I quit sending EA my $24 a month. The monthly fee is $12.95 or there abouts which started June last year or the year before.

A

aeugis

I've been playing OSI for about 6 years, and I felt that it has been going downhill ever since aos, aos came out everyone basically quit, let alone he $12.95 a month

Bobert

Sorceror
For me it started going downhill with Pub 13 and expecialy with AoS and the +20 skills since 8/10 of my chars were red it was had for me to get up to par with the other since I had no was to go train hehe.

ChaosSally

Sorceror
Why we (me) quit OSI

Well for me and the wife, we both got tired of all the in-fighting, backstabbing that goes on in the game.
When we was playing the most we had a total of nine(9) accounts, we both started pre- trammel days, and we both hated PvP, not because of the good PvP players, but for all the bone armour wearing newbies that would go after our craftsmen(women), with NO combat skills and bragged "I own You", after killing you.
After Trammel we helped build one of the largest Mule guilds on AOL Legends, But for Me (Chaos), with each new disk EA/OSI seemed determined to FORCE me to play with players I did not know, AOS monsters, the wrecking of the Bard, etc. it came across to me that OSI did not want lone wolf players, like me anymore.
I was first to leave, my wife closed all her accounts but her main, but with all our friends gone, the price raise, she left too.
So we tryed RunUO, our shard is not a big shard but now we have fun again, and is not the point of a game ? :D

Trivial

Sorceror
erm, i dont like osi cause of a little prog that could be used a while ago to create items and tweak skills, and osi couldnt tell. lol, im serious. And i want my questions answered in like 1 second . I waited 1 hour for a....
"please go to our damn website, blah blah. We dont care". But i love factions and all that stuff, it was fun. But yea i cant afford it.

Architect

Wanderer
OSI has same problem with all the other commercial MMORPGs servers. It doesn't matter what the genre of game is, or what the world is like... every commercial server is bit like graphical irc. People OOC all the time, they have stupid H4X0R names... For player who wants RP atmospheric enviroment all commercial games get boring on first day.

Status
Not open for further replies.