RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Won't compile, but no errors?

TheNorthStar

Sorceror
I'm trying to compile my server on in Mono on an Ubuntu server. It's a modified ML-SVN core, but the changes I made are almost exclusivly to mobile.cs, so I don't think it's something I did wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas? and what does this part mean?:

Code:
ScriptCompiler: : /home/gar/UO/RunUOsvnServerMONO.exe (Location of the symbol related to previous warning)

full output:

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 3995.24284
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Unix environment detected
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...ScriptCompiler: : /home/gar/UO/RunUOsvnServerMONO.exe (Location of the symbol related to previous warning)
ScriptCompiler: : /home/gar/UO/RunUOsvnServerMONO.exe (Location of the symbol related to previous warning)
done (0 errors, 18 warnings)

EDIT: I'm running Mono 2.6.7 if that makes anything more clear.

Mark

Knight
If you're using Ubuntu, ensure that you have installed the packages mono-gmcs, mono-runtime, and libmono-winforms2.0-cil.

Completely remove the Scripts\Output directory and try again.

TheNorthStar

Sorceror
Okay, I verified all packages are installed and full up to date, and I tried clearing output and recompiling, still the same result. I'm not really certain where to go from here, I really don't even understand what the problem is.

TheNorthStar

Sorceror
Yeah, here is what I use to compile the core.
Code:
mono-csc /out:../RunUOsvnServerMONO.exe -d:MONO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:Ultima.dll,System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml -nowarn:219 -recurse:*.cs

TheNorthStar

Sorceror
I followed the tutorial and still get the same result. :(
I don't understand what the .config file is for though? I used it, I just don't know what it does. The explanation link is broken.

Mark

Knight
I followed the tutorial and still get the same result. :(
I don't understand what the .config file is for though? I used it, I just don't know what it does. The explanation link is broken.

I believe you are referring to the configuration file with a dllmap entry for libz. It shouldn't be necessary in most cases (and it has nothing to do with your current issue).

See if the stock RunUO distribution works for you.

TheNorthStar

Sorceror
Stock RunUO works just fine. :-/ I'm not sure what to do now... I think I'll try to compile stock RunUO with my custom core. maybe it's one of the scripts messing things up.

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 3995.39652
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Unix environment detected
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts...done (use -vb to enable)
Scripts: Verifying...done (2272 items, 530 mobiles)
Enter the Ultima Online directory:

EDIT: okay, it will not compile with my core. interesting.

EDIT 2: I've narrowed it down to my mobile.cs, but without errors I really don't know what the issue is.

TheNorthStar

Sorceror
Okay, I am 90% certain it is failing just because there are warnings. As long as I remove every warning, it seems to compile. Any idea why this would be?

TheNorthStar

Sorceror
I'm using the latest RunUO SVN, and the warnings are any warning at all. Even completely harmless warnings seem to totally stop it from compiling. for example, it wouldn't compile because I had a variable that wasn't being used. once I used it, it compiled. Any idea why? looking at scriptcompiler.cs it looks like it should be fine on warnings unless I specifically tell it to hault on warnings.

TheNorthStar

Sorceror
I cannot get it to compile as long as it has those errors. I've updated to Mono-2.8 and I still have the same problem. Completely stock RunUOSVN core aside from a slightly modified mobile.cs, no custom scripts. still the same problem. the warnings I am getting are from moving IsStealthing, Executelightning strike, etc to mobile.cs, and how playermobile.cs is overriding them. When I remove them from there it compiles fine.

EDIT: It appears to only be warnings about overriding things without using 'new' or 'override'. I guess those are reasonable things to stop on.

sec_goat

Squire
I cannot get it to compile as long as it has those errors. I've updated to Mono-2.8 and I still have the same problem. Completely stock RunUOSVN core aside from a slightly modified mobile.cs, no custom scripts. still the same problem. the warnings I am getting are from moving IsStealthing, Executelightning strike, etc to mobile.cs, and how playermobile.cs is overriding them. When I remove them from there it compiles fine.

EDIT: It appears to only be warnings about overriding things without using 'new' or 'override'. I guess those are reasonable things to stop on.
I know this is an old thread, but I am currently having the same issue. I am working on clearing out the new and override warnings. However why would it compile and run fine on windows but not on linux with all those warnings?