RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World and/or Region total respawn possible?

Wolverana

Wanderer
World and/or Region total respawn possible?

Hiya,

Pretty much says it in the subject, am wondering if it's possible to get a respawn function added so that we can respawn regions and whole world? More than one spawn at a time that is rather than piece work hehe, thanks :)

Wolv

Wolverana

Wanderer
oh LOL I haven't seen one pass thru there, I'll take a look thought I would have caught something like that.

Anyways the added idea of course is to get it added to the server not just have to add it ourselves ;)

Wolverana

Wanderer
ok I'll bite LOL, is that not for spawn by spawn? I mean how would you do that for the whole shard at once? or can you do regions you think by using the bounding box from one end of the facet to the other? and wiping the whole region/facet/area in bounding box? I hadn't thought of that either lol.

The main reason I'm conserned with this respawning command is that most of the spawners that are being created by the RunUO community seem to generate the spawns at the spawn location and then you have to sit and way for them to spread out. What I'd like to see is a way to use the spawn restart similar to what is on the spawns gump for restarting it for it spreads them out like they should be. I never trust the natural wander as it seems to end up too close for very long periods of time lol.

Anyways this type of command would be very handy I'm sure in many cases other than just this one hehe.

Let me know if that type of [wipenpc would work also for that would also help in some cases for spawn control but in this case it would be a lot of work if I had to go and just wipe areas as it's the dungeons only I need to clear of spawns not really the whole world (will be anyways since not open yet lol) but for future reference it's not as practical once you're up and running. Thanks for that tip tho :)

Wolv

Phantom

Knight
I know this script has been posted because I wrote ii :$

Very simple

Just loops though World.Item.Value checks to make sure its a Spawner places it it in array.

Then for loops through the array and does the Restart() command on the spawner element.

Also added code since I thought wrote it could be loop through the Creature array on the spawner and add a creature or two to the Creature array.

psz

Administrator
The [wipenpcs command uses bounding boxes. So you could go to 0 0 0, target, go to 9999 9999 0, target, and wipe every non player mobile off the face of the planet.

I did this two days ago after I adjusted a LOT of spawns and most of the champ spawns ;->

Wolverana

Wanderer
awesome thanks a bunch, I was afraid to use that because in Sphere it did the whole world (didn't have facets in 51a lol) that will help a lot too :)

Now we just need that same setup with a [WipeSpawner command to go with the [WipeNpcs, [WipeItems

with a command like that attached to the same uses as the other 2 spanning just facets that would help a lot too.

Course I still personally would rather have a respawn command similar to what sphere had. Respawn Region, Respawn Facet, Respawn World that would be much less hassle and more controlled than WipeSpawner but either would be a welcome addition ;)

David

Moderate
Sounds like you put a space between wipe and npcs maybe? [wipe will take out everything, you don't want to do that.... :?

psz

Administrator
Correct. [wipe removes EVERYTHING. Does more or less what [clearfacet does.

You can also, for vendors ONLY, use [deletebytype basevendor