RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cleanup (saves etc) Logging option

Wolverana

Wanderer
World Cleanup (saves etc) Logging option

Would be really nice if we could get a log of what items, w/coords and facet they are located in, that have been removed from the server during worldsaves or any other time for that matter other than by commands that is hehe.

This would help for that proverbial player that is brand new that didn't know he had to lock all his things down in his house and "poof" gone. Would be a way to verify if someone says... I had this a second ago and now its gone (hasn't happened so far but precaution is always a good thing rather than hindsight lol)

I did have someone yesterday that paged, is truly a newbie to the game and lost a lot of money and items in a chest they put in their house. They logged for the evening prior to the next worldsave and of course it's gone now.

Anyways if this could be possible it would be quite helpful I think. I don't know how items work if they are linked or if the shrunken creatures (we use shrink potions and commands) are even linked to a player but if so would be cool to have:

Date/Time: Item name, ID, Hue if any, serial or name of person linked to if any, coords w/facet

Ok that's all and plenty I'm sure lol thanks :)

Phantom

Knight
Its very possible to add logging when players lock down times. Simplest solution would be that instead of the other way ;)

Wolverana

Wanderer
Aye that would be simpler but not really what is needed I'm thinking. We'd end up with a log of a zillion items locked and relocked etc. when in reality all we really want to know is those removed by cleanup so we can verify it was there and removed by means other than themselves.

Otherwise in reality they could still trash items etc and say but it's gone?!! and all we have is the list saying yep they had it, but not how it was removed hehe. That make sense? I hate knowing what it is I want but not always getting it out in the right context.

I need to know what is removed when worldsaves happen with worldcleanups, that's pretty much the main thing.

Wolverana

Wanderer
yep lol working on that, testing it now to see if it's working. tried before but didn't get good results with it so trying diff way :)