RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Save Backups

TomC

Wanderer
World Save Backups

I have modified my world saves to save every two hours. I actually trust RunUO, which is good. On Sphere, you never knew when a crash might occur, so we had our worldsave time set to 30 minutes.

The next change i made was I increased the number of backups to 10.

The one thing i liked in Sphere is that the backups would spread out over time. You would have three from that day, 2 from the previous day, 1 from the day before that, then one from 4 days ago, 7 days ago, with the increments increasing.

The issue I am seeing with the RunUO backups is that they are all 2 hours apart. So for my 10 backups at 2 hours apart, I get 20 hours covered. I supposed I could set the save time to be 4 hours and have 42 backups to cover me for a week...

What backup strategies do you guys recommend? A third party software piece that can backup individual folders at set intervals perhaps?

TomC

WebSiter

Wanderer
I use Ms backup every midnight with scheculed, and every weekend manually delete the old ones. And also every weekend backup files, I transfer them to another hdd for disaster recovery.