RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worldbuilding Programs, Revisited, [new links]

Ravenal

Knight
I am not here to judge, every program has it's own strength and weaknesses... Where others will try to be better than the others... I am mainly trying to fix the critical issues with what I see in Dragon and UOL... But in the near future I'll be adding the advance Static Region Editor (Allows you to control how the compiler will function).. Anyway...

SiENcE

Sorceror
You can checkout our mapmaking program. It's OpenSource and you can get the code from our SVN. Comments are welcome.

UOTC - Iris

our Iris Testshard Server Map created with this program:

How we create it:

two bitmaps.bmp
- 24bit colormap
- 8bit heightmap

-than run uotc and generate map and statics.
-use mulpatcher to merge generated statics together with painted (in our case only Towns) statics.

You can checkout this map here: http://sience.schattenkind.net/

But beware, it's created for the Iris2 -Client. So don't expect it looks good with the old 2d client ;-).

voila

HellRazor

Knight
Awesome! We can't have too many utilities. More utilities = more options and better maps!

Its great to see some renewed interest in UO related tools. :)