RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WorldFile Statics Distribution

NoMention

Wanderer
WorldFile Statics Distribution

I've been working for about 2 years on all the statics in all the UO towns. Now that I have it 99% done, what is the best way to distribute them? The .mul files are way too large for some people to download. My statics0.mul file is already about 8MB larger than what it started as. This is a very detailed world with everything from lighting to even waves in the oceans. Is there a depository around here somewhere for these? Are we even allowed to distribute .mul files? I would like to share my work with the RunUO community since they have provided the best emulator on the scene but I don't know how. I don't want to put it on an FTP site if the legallity is iffy.

NoMention

Punnikin

Wanderer
I think since we're talking about an emulator, legality is no longer an issue. :) I think your best bet would be breaking the .mul file into smaller files to ease the download for people with poor connections and offer it up to anyone who wants it. That way it won't be a huge file, and I somehow doubt the copyright police will be breathing down your neck anytime soon.

K

Krazy_zack

Alari said:
You can use WinRar to both compress it as well as break it into chunks. =)

Agreed.

If you Use WinRAR and you use the STRONGETS compression you will be surprised at how small it actually compresses it. (MUCH smaller that WinZIP)