RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow, it's been a looooong time...

mblicata

Wanderer
Wow, it's been a looooong time...

So I'm not new here... but I might as well be since it's been quite a while since I've been on the boards. So much has changed, I was surprised to see that my account was still here (haha although I did donate $25 for a lifetime membership, I guess they weren't kidding!)

I am so behind on everything, I stopped working on my server before the big 2.0 update. I guess I have some reading/researching to do. Anyone have any quick tips or whatnot to get me going in the right direction?

Well, anyway, hello everyone!

:eek::confused::D

mblicata

Wanderer
I do actually have a quick question.

So I'm still using RunUO 1.0, and obviously need to upgrade to 2.0. My question is, will I lose all of my buildings on my map? There are quite a few of them, several hundred to be exact, and I haven't frozen them into the map yet. Will they dissapear when upgrading, I would assume so since it would be a fresh install. Where are things like this stored?

Zotos

Sorceror
Use your old save files as long as you dont have any serialization issues everything will be good. But there are some new client updates that split tram and fel into two different maps. this might be the only problem you have.

mblicata

Wanderer
Well the good news is that all the old save files transferred over just fine, so my buildings are all intact. More good news is that my map is also working. The only bad news is that all of my buildings are in Trammel, and my map is now in Fellucca. So that's a bit of a problem.

I'll just have to wait until I can recompile my map. It seems that Orbsydia and the UOLandscaper 2 project has dissapeared. I kindof figured that would happen after two years of "it's being worked on and should be out soon."

For now would simply renaming the map file from map0.mul to map1.mul work? Or would that be ill-advised?

Mark

Knight
mblicata;756189 said:
Well the good news is that all the old save files transferred over just fine, so my buildings are all intact. More good news is that my map is also working. The only bad news is that all of my buildings are in Trammel, and my map is now in Fellucca. So that's a bit of a problem.

I'll just have to wait until I can recompile my map. It seems that Orbsydia and the UOLandscaper 2 project has dissapeared. I kindof figured that would happen after two years of "it's being worked on and should be out soon."

For now would simply renaming the map file from map0.mul to map1.mul work? Or would that be ill-advised?

You can make a copy of your map0.mul file (the map file for Felucca) and name it map1.mul (the map file for Trammel). You need to have both though.