RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrestling = Anatomy+Eval Int /2

Severe

Sorceror
Wrestling = Anatomy+Eval Int /2

Wrestling is now the same as
Anatomy + Evaluate Intelligence /2 = is "wrestling skill"

like I have 100 Anatomy and 50 Eval Int /2 = 75 "wrestling" skill

Only for defensive usage:

- I cannot disturb the other by using the wrestling skill (need wrestling)
- I cannot stun punch the opponent (need wrestling and anatomy)

But this frees the way for more interesting templates on a mage...

A

AlejandroX

I thought you gained wrestling skill simply by wrestling?

Severe

Sorceror
correct :)
But on OSI they made it so that you don´t need wrestling any longer if you only use it for defense.
it´s now:
FORMULA: Hit Evasion = (Evaluate Intelligence + Anatomy + 20) / 2 (with a maximum of 120)
(I forgot to edit in the +20)

You still need it for stun punch and disarm though.
A very detailed overview can be found here:

http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/combat.shtml

A

AlejandroX

So you could also screw those 2 skill and boost your wrestling by simply wrestling and that would be better right?

Severe

Sorceror
heheh well...
I have a healer / mage (anatomy / healing) and the 5 mage skills (that includes wrestling for stun punch)
Now lets say I still want the healing abblities and the wrestle defense options but I don´t care for stun punch any longer... I would drop wrestling (because I have anatomy + eval int)
And then I would have 100 skill points free..
I could take inscription for instance for extra protection.

A

AlejandroX

I agree. And I think we should expand upon OSI's templates as well. :D

Spooky

Wanderer
Wrestling

This is a good Idea means mages are a bit more flexable and even dexers when not armed while have a defence chance as will other characters too.

Severe

Sorceror
lets say you add inscription instead of wrestling
then it goes like this:

value of effect = (Inscription + Evaluate Intelligence + Meditation) / 4
(bonus value for either can not exceed 75)

Assuming you have GM Meditation and GM Eval:

Reactive Armor: adds a 50 HP buffer. Be warned it is not a complete protection from 50 HP of damage. Some times people will cut right through it and ignore it.
Protection: when cast reduces your chance to get disrupted while casting a spell by 50%. This is very handy to say the least.

Assuming you have GM Meditation, Eval and Inscription:

Reactive Armor: adds a 75 HP buffer instead of 50.

Protection: when cast, reduces the probability of getting disrupted to 25%. It also lowers the chance to be hit in general by about 10%.

On a side note: If you have GM Med, Eval, Inscription, and Wrestling you have a 12.5% chance to get disrupted and a 40% chance to get hit.

Also great to have med warriors now:
fast weapon skill (fencing spear, para blow) (Macing Quater Staff) anat, tact, fencing, eval int, magery, meditation, healing

very lethal templates at the moment

A

AlejandroX

Sounds cool but why inscription over any other particular skill?