RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrong Monster Loots

Macil

Sorceror
Wrong Monster Loots

How come by default, in the RunUO monster scripts, all the monsters spawn with less loot than in the OSI UO?

(Note: I am using the Hunters Guide on UO Stratics as a reference on how much gold the OSI creatures get)

Phantom

Knight
Macil said:
How come by default, in the RunUO monster scripts, all the monsters spawn with less loot than in the OSI UO?

(Note: I am using the Hunters Guide on UO Stratics as a reference on how much gold the OSI creatures get)

Because nobody has fixed the loot?

In fact, there is a bug with luck in 1.0.0 if I recall correct. But I was on OSI for a bit and the loot there is really worse, than on a default RunUO shard. Except bone piles and all the junk you can find, collect and sell. And the body parts are not up to date yet either. And since there is no up to date loot public guide anymore, the loot will never be OSI exact again.
So my conclusion is, as Joeku stated before:
Loot.cs
Have fun.
Then again you might need to go to all the monster definitions and change them as well. I think at least the bone piles will be droping in the next RunUO release.

Phantom

Knight
Arex said:
hey guys, why u do that? a guy post a possible bug, and u waver him.. i dont understand it.

This isn't the proper method of "reporting" a bug.

At not time did he claim it was a bug, because its not, the loot has never been worked on, because its a system thats near immpossible to replicate.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Macil said:

Also note that stratics is notoriously inaccurate when it comes to the most current OSI information. Much of that is out of date. It is a good general resource but you cant always rely on it for exact numbers.

Macil

Sorceror
Hey hey hey, no need to get wrestless guys. I was just looking for a real basic answer to my question. Even a guess, heh. I would understand it if the loot on monsters even came by default as nothing, so that players can totally make the loot what they want without having to whipe out existing loot, if that makes sense.

All I'm saying is eh, I was just curious. Thanks for the input guys. =)