RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xanthos MOTD [2.0]

nacrom

Wanderer
this one was already updated, look at my post for Scripts updated for 2.0

you will see that i updated Xanthos MOTD and his Spellcrafting Systems

Ashlar

Sorceror
nacrom said:
this one was already updated, look at my post for Scripts updated for 2.0

you will see that i updated Xanthos MOTD and his Spellcrafting Systems
Too bad that the script was removed in this thread... I personally would have liked to compare the two versions to see which i prefered.

Kudos to both of you for updating 1.0 scripts.

I personally think there is nothing wrong with multiple updates to the same script and hope that Sparkin puts his back up.

Sparkin

Sorceror
Ashlar said:
Too bad that the script was removed in this thread... I personally would have liked to compare the two versions to see which i prefered.

Kudos to both of you for updating 1.0 scripts.

I personally think there is nothing wrong with multiple updates to the same script and hope that Sparkin puts his back up.
Done, However im sure its not as good as his, im not a good scripter
in fact it was the first one i converted as i didnt want to foul up XAnthos scripts

Ajantis

Wanderer
I have motd.txt in the directory.....but when I do [motd and choose Archive or Reload......an message comes up that says:

Archive: exception encountered - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\RunUO 2.0 RC1\Data\Motd\motd.txt

When it was there!

What is going on with it?

Sparkin

Sorceror
Ajantis said:
I have motd.txt in the directory.....but when I do [motd and choose Archive or Reload......an message comes up that says:

Archive: exception encountered - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\RunUO 2.0 RC1\Data\Motd\motd.txt

When it was there!

What is going on with it?

Check to make sure there is a motd.txt in that path you have to make the file before it will work

also make sure to check the scripts to make sure the settings are set to show on as defualt...

look for
Code:
private	static bool kAlwaysShowMotdOnLogin	= true;
and also the next line
Code:
private	static bool  kTextInsteadOfGumpOnLogin	= false;

if all three things are in order it will open on login

Ajantis

Wanderer
it was motd.txt before........took off .txt...........and it works lol.

Perhaps Win Xp works different with suffix.

Thanks for trying to help though.

Sparkin

Sorceror
ahh in yer settings turn off that lame hide known ext. that gets ya every time keke glad ya got it working for ya man.. its a very nice script and thats why i thought to post it...

:)