RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XML spawner and decay

mike89876

Wanderer
XML spawner and decay

what exactly does this program do, will it auto spawn areas for me the way they are on normal shards? I accidently extracted it to my main directory for runuo. Is this a problem? Cause i read something about having to create a customs file under the script folder. But im getting off subject, what i need to know is, will this program spawn things in all the areas, and if not is there a program that does. Secondly, do these spawn programs also respawn the monsters automaticaly when they are killed. Cause i know that the ingame admin spawn for creatures i use doesnt respawn, i went in to an area with an admin char, spawned a bunch of enemies, came in and killed them all with another char, and this morning they wernt respawned??? And last, i need to know about decay, I spawned a barracoon and when i kill him as you know, gold pops out everywhere, well all the gold was still just sitting there when i got back on???

Thagoras

Sorceror
Spawner keep creatures spawned automatically on a server. I can only really think of two spawner programs, though others may exist. The one that comes with RunUO is very basic and has very few options. I only use it if I'm going to spawn up to 5 of the same kind of creature. I don't really count this as one of the spawners I mentioned. Premium Spawner is a good spawner full options. I think this may also come with RunUO...but it specifically comes with Nerun's Distro pack (as it was written by Nerun, I believe). And finally XML Spawner. This is jam packed with options and if you need to spawn a whole mess of critters, this is the one to use. They will not spawn your server though. You will still need to go around [add ing the spawners. Like [add premiumspawner dog, will add a premium spawner with the first item 1 dog. Double click on it to add more. Nerun HAS made an update to his spawner...so may wish to check that out too.
XML Spawner is a little different. [add xmlspawner. Double click it and you get this menu. Add the creature names to the list. Up arrow to add them and down to delete them. Props will give you the options.

To populate a server, there are a number of methods. [Spawner will pull up a menu to do just that. I guess, though I haven't tried yet, MegaSpawner (you'll have to search for it) is supposed to be an up to date server spawner.

mike89876

Wanderer
thanks for the info! Il start testing things out. By the way [spawner dosnt work for me, it says its not a command or something. Ok so when i add npcs through the spawner that comes with runuo i did notice that it puts those spawners up, this is way better cause that way i can create my own custom areas. Also another question, do champ spawns work?

Thagoras

Sorceror
If they're there (champion spawns), [props the sign next to them and make active true.

Perhaps [spawner is a PremiumSpawner thing. Sorry.

Do remember also that there is a home range option, and this sets how far they may wander.

mike89876

Wanderer
how do i set the home range, and secondly i wonder if the [spawner isnt working because i didnt extract XMLspawner into Scripts/Customs, but rather just the runuo directory? the tutorial i read when i did this said to put xml into the customs folder but there wasnt one, and i didnt want to just create one cause i know that then there requires a file for it to read the folder and i dont know how to set that up

Thagoras

Sorceror
Well, I don't know that it HAS to be in the Scripts/Customs folder...I think just Scripts is sufficient. They just recommend Customs to keep everything organized. So, Yes. Every script must be in the Scripts folder or the compiler won't see it. You can just create a folder in your Scripts folder called Customs or Custom without any problems from RunUO. And I don't think that XML spawner needs any special treatment. I think it is just drop into your custom folder and run.

Right, almost forgot. Home Range. [props the spawner. There should be a property called Home Range. Range should be in the name somewhere. Click the arrow next to it to adjust. One is One square from where it spawns. I don't think there's any limit on its Home Range or Spawn Range. Spawn Range is specific for Premium Spawner or XML Spawner. This is how far away from the spawner the creature can spawn.

mike89876

Wanderer
Well i guess what im looking for at this point would be if anyone has files for a fully spawned fel only, that uses Xml spawners so i can delete and edit at will, that will shorten my project by alot. For example, areas like despise, im not gonna change, so if i have these, i wont ever even haft to mess with despise.

Thagoras

Sorceror
Yeah, wouldn't that be nice if they were XML Spawners? [Spawner does allow you to spawn specific regions and maps...but as I said, I think their all just Premium Spawners.

homergz

Sorceror
There is nothing wrong with using both Premium and XML spawners. I spawned the world with Neruns and converted all the RunUO spawners to Premium with it. I use XML spawners to manually place mobs where needed.

As far as your earlier question about gold not decaying, that should not have anything to do with the spawner. Only the mobile, in this case Baracoon, is controlled by the spawner. The gold he spawns should still decay unless you changed/removed item decay time.

mike89876

Wanderer
it did end up decaying, all good :) How do i convert the runuo spawners to premium, and a link to neruns that works with runuo2.0RC2 would be nice to, and an up to date premium link.

merry xmas!!

mike89876

Wanderer
i extracted that all in and i got

Errors:
+ Customs/Nerun's Distro/ML/Mobiles/Blighted Grove/Enslavedsatyr.cs:

same for painted caves/lurg

i am running fel only, but all ive changed is moongate access

mike89876

Wanderer
Hmm, i tried changing around a few things, it seems to be tons of errors now, i may haft to start over and redownload everything :(

mike89876

Wanderer
i kinda needed to reinstall everything anyway, things were a bit wrong and i think the tutorial i read at first was a bit off (from a diff website) From after i install runuo2.0rc2 - i need a proper walkthrough as to what to add and in what order (nerun, xml) ect. That way i can finally just get started on this shard, and again im only gonna be doing a fel shard, not that it matters cause at this point all im chaging is moongate access. Sorry if i sound a bit noobish in my ?'s but help is much appreciated!!

homergz

Sorceror
There is no proper order to install your custom scripts. Nerun's might be better installed on a fresh RunUO install but other than that it's up to you. Just take some time to read the release threads and provided instructions for everything you install and you will save yourself a lot of headaches.

mike89876

Wanderer
i actually backed up the runuo file before i tweaked it, so i tossed nerun back in and im back to my first error, the painted cave one and the lurg. Il mess with it for awhile, if you know a solution that would be great, but otherwise il post back here tomorow if all else fails. Thanks again

mike89876

Wanderer
i took out the files for the 2 monsters that were causing problems, cause i can live without 2 monster types if they are gonna cause problems. Then it comes with a whole new heap of errors

Errors:
+ Engines/AI Creature/BaseCreature.cs:
CS0117: Line 2293: 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile' does not contain definition for 'AllFollowers'
CS0117: Line 2294: 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile' does not contain definition for 'autostabled'
CS0117: Line 2295: 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile' does not contain definition for 'autostables'
CS0117: Line 2303: 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile' does not contain definition for 'AllFollowers'
CS0117: Line 2321: 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile' does not contain definition for 'AllFollowers'
CS0117: Line 2329: 'Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile' does not contain definition for 'AllFollowers'
+ Items/Special/MonsterStatuette.cs:
CS0117: Line 218: 'Server.Engines.veteranRewards.Rewardsystem' does not contain a definition for 'GetRewardYearLabel'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ants/blacksolenqueen.cs:
CS1501: Line 110: No overload for method 'Spillacid' takes '4' arguments
CS1501: Line 119: No overload for method 'Spillacid' takes '5' arguments

and same for the blacksolenwarrior the redsolenqueen and the redsolenwarrior.cs:

mike89876

Wanderer
after a reinstall, i had the same problem. It appears taht i need a type and/or namespace for the enslavedSatyr and the Lurg (Troglodyte)