RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XmlPoints - pvp dueling and challenge game system [RunUO 2.0]

Ajax2000

Wanderer
Was reading through Milt's new system and thought this was a good feature:

-Support to block multiple IP Addresses from signing up for tournament

Thought this would be good for preventing people that are known for using Speed Hacks and such from participating. Any chance of this feature being added to your system at some point?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Ajax2000 said:
Was reading through Milt's new system and thought this was a good feature:

Thought this would be good for preventing people that are known for using Speed Hacks and such from participating. Any chance of this feature being added to your system at some point?

Yes, it could easily be added, but with these games people dont get to sign up on their own, they have to be invited by the organizer, so cheaters will soon find themselves unwelcome participants.

(edit)

actually, one thought might be to add a voting system while participating in games that could be used to mark problem players. Their rating would be visible to game organizers and then they could decide whether they wanted them to participate without having the system explicitly block them and so could be used to self police players.

ArteGordon

Wanderer

New to version 1.24a
updated 6/30/06

- updated ChallengeRegionStone.cs in the xmlpoints-20-v124a-1of2.zip package with a small fix for a deserialization problem with ChallengeRegions. (thanks to Johabius for pointing it out).

Safera

Page
I was just wondering that, today, myself, because Bittiez is working on a new King of the Hill system for 2.3 otherwise on my server. Would rather not reinvent the wheel, but am curious if anyone's used it with 2.3 also?

fwiffo

Sorceror
To work it will work (do compile on latest SVN as I tested), it still needs optimizations anyway, when I can I'll do them.