RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XMLSockets

Krystyl_Rose

Wanderer
XMLSockets

Ok... i am thoroughly confused... I added the xml sockets and the augment items drop fine the dropping armor is occasionally socketed (as it should be).... but I cant get any of the augments to go INTO the sockets...?

I read this in the instructions:
Augmenting
To add an augmentation to a socket, both the augmentation and the item to be augmented must be in the players pack. To bring up the socket gump you must use the item identification skill on the item. In the gump, click on the socket and target the augmentation. By default, augmenting requires no resources and will always succeed. This behavior can be changed in the ConsumeOnAugment and OnAugment override methods for individual augmentations.
After a socket has been filled with an augmentation, clicking on the socket will display the augmentation properties.

Item Identification. This skill is used to display the sockets and socketability of target objects. Just use the skill and target an object (either items or creatures).

when I added this script, it wasnt in the archives yet... it has just taken me this long to give up trying to figure it out on my own...
the problem seems to be that there is nothing in the gump that comes up that allows you to "click on the socket and target the augmentation". I tried posting a screenshot here of what i see when I do Item Identification on a socketed item, but for some reason my computer isnt behaving. If you need to see the Screen Shot I can email it or send it via a messenger system.

Im utterly confused though I thought I had everything right...

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Krystyl_Rose said:
Ok... i am thoroughly confused... I added the xml sockets and the augment items drop fine the dropping armor is occasionally socketed (as it should be).... but I cant get any of the augments to go INTO the sockets...?

I read this in the instructions:
Augmenting
To add an augmentation to a socket, both the augmentation and the item to be augmented must be in the players pack. To bring up the socket gump you must use the item identification skill on the item. In the gump, click on the socket and target the augmentation. By default, augmenting requires no resources and will always succeed. This behavior can be changed in the ConsumeOnAugment and OnAugment override methods for individual augmentations.
After a socket has been filled with an augmentation, clicking on the socket will display the augmentation properties.

Item Identification. This skill is used to display the sockets and socketability of target objects. Just use the skill and target an object (either items or creatures).

when I added this script, it wasnt in the archives yet... it has just taken me this long to give up trying to figure it out on my own...
the problem seems to be that there is nothing in the gump that comes up that allows you to "click on the socket and target the augmentation". I tried posting a screenshot here of what i see when I do Item Identification on a socketed item, but for some reason my computer isnt behaving. If you need to see the Screen Shot I can email it or send it via a messenger system.

Im utterly confused though I thought I had everything right...

What you might have is an item that is 'socketable' but does not yet have sockets added to it.

Try running this command

[addatt xmlsockets 3

then target something like a piece of armor, or a weapon. This will add the xmlsockets attachments with 3 sockets to the item.
Then you can use the Item ID skill on it to open the socket gump that should have the name of the item at the top, and then three raised square icons with a circular grid pattern in each. These are empty sockets.
Click on one of those squares and you will get a target cursor that you can use to select the augment you want to place in that socket.

Krystyl_Rose

Wanderer
Thanks Arte... that is EXACTLY what was wrong. :) I appreciate the help once again.

btw... I have every one of the XML Titled Scripts you have made and I think they are great... I was re-reading the original post... *shakes head*

well, anyway, *I* love em... makes staff life (not to mention the great response from players) alot easier for me

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Krystyl_Rose said:
Thanks Arti... that is EXACTLY what was wrong. :) I appreciate the help once again.

btw... I have every one of the XML Titled Scripts you have made and I think they are great... I was re-reading the original post... *shakes head*

well, anyway, *I* love em... makes staff life (not to mention the great response from players) alot easier for me

note, if you wanted to, you could remove the requirement that items actually be 'socketable' before adding sockets to them by changing the value of

Code:
public static bool CanSocketByDefault = false;

at the beginning of XmlSockets.cs. If you set that to true, then anything can be socketed.

The idea of only being able to add sockets to 'socketable' items makes those items more unique, more difficult to get (particularly in combination with other attributes) and therefore more desirable.

Krystyl_Rose

Wanderer
personally I like them the way they are..... i just had to figure out why I couldnt get it to work ROFL Im a little slow at times. :p

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Krystyl_Rose said:
personally I like them the way they are..... i just had to figure out why I couldnt get it to work ROFL Im a little slow at times. :p
yeah, I also personally prefer the 'socketable' option. In general, the default configurations on all of the systems are basically what I also use.
The only real change that I have made on my shard after running with it for a while, is that I have bumped up the drop rate a bit from the values that I suggested in the installation from 2% to 10%

Code:
XmlSockets.ConfigureRandom(this, 10.0, 0.1, 0.5, 3.0, 15.0, 50.0);

instead of

Code:
XmlSockets.ConfigureRandom(this, 2.0, 0.1, 0.5, 3.0, 15.0, 50.0);

but this is just a matter of taste and how hard you want your players to work :)