RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] XmlSpawner 2 Version 4.0 Revision 21

No permission to download

Dian

Sorceror
Adding XML Spawner will not effect anything you already have in place. It is just another spawner in its simple terms, but is the most powerful spawner out there. There really is no other that comes close to what this one is capable of. You can use XML spawner along with the other spawners just fine, as this will become an alternative to the others once installed, or you can replace your old ones with it.

There is no way I could tell you the benefit of it, there are just too many. There is an archive of how to's floating around here that would be your best way to learn what it can do.

fwiffo

Sorceror
they are different systems, so yes, you can use both of them without any surprice.

The main difference?! You just have to try by yourself, there are anyway plenty of videos on YT for you to see, as well as some examples inside the example XmlSpawner Extras\Spawns and inside txt files of my release, in the Internet you will also find a lot of material, but you should always reference to my release that contains all the materials and software required (from xmlspawner.yukuetc historycal site). Just imagine it as a swiss knife tool vs a single type tool, you can get a job done in a lot of different ways.

Killroth

Sorceror
Getting this error.
By the way, any "Extras", just throw them in the XMLSpawner Core folder?

Also I am using 2.5

Errors:
+ Customs/XmlSpawner Core/XmlAttach/XmlAttach.cs:
CS0019: Line 2375: Operator '>=' cannot be applied to operands of type 'Syst
em.DateTime' and 'long'
+ Customs/XmlSpawner Core/XmlPropsGumps/XmlSetGump.cs:
CS1502: Line 271: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Gumps.SetBody
Gump.SetBodyGump(System.Reflection.PropertyInfo, Server.Mobile, object, System.C
ollections.Generic.Stack<Server.Gumps.StackEntry>, int, System.Collections.Array
List)' has some invalid arguments
CS1503: Line 271: Argument 4: cannot convert from 'System.Collections.Stack'
to 'System.Collections.Generic.Stack<Server.Gumps.StackEntry>'

Anyone know whats going on?

fwiffo

Sorceror
yes, because it contains the mods needed to let the DEFINE flags work correctly, you should only need the file scriptcompiler.cs of SERVER (not scripts), so just replace the ScriptCompiler.cs, this will put in the needed compile flags/defines.

If you have a clean 2.5 server source (again, server, I don't actually need scripts), send it to me, or only the scriptcompiler.cs, so I can at least evaluate at the 2.5 time what were the compiler flags, and defines.

Killroth

Sorceror
yes, because it contains the mods needed to let the DEFINE flags work correctly, you should only need the file scriptcompiler.cs of SERVER (not scripts), so just replace the ScriptCompiler.cs, this will put in the needed compile flags/defines.

If you have a clean 2.5 server source (again, server, I don't actually need scripts), send it to me, or only the scriptcompiler.cs, so I can at least evaluate at the 2.5 time what were the compiler flags, and defines.
I do still have the runuo 2.5 .rar I originally downloaded if u want that. I can exclude the scripts and send it to u when I get off work tonight

fwiffo

Sorceror
If you have all the *original* pack just send it complete, that would be to do a complete test with the package.
Remember, just sources, not executables.

WillieZeke

Sorceror
Hi I cant seem to get this to work, i am using runuo 2.5 with nerun's distro and uo 7.0.20.0 patch 59 by Formosa. I am no coder so have no idea how to fix stuffs. Any help would be humbly appreciated. Thanks <3

RunUO - [https://github.com/runuo/] Version 2.5.0.24991
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 4.0.30319
Core: Optimizing for 2 64-bit processors
Core: Server garbage collection mode enabled
RandomImpl: CSPRandom (Software)
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 1 warnings)
Warnings:
+ Misc/Assistants.cs:
CS0162: Line 99: Unreachable code detected
CS0162: Line 155: Unreachable code detected
Errors:
+ Customs/XmlSpawner/XmlSpawner Core/XmlAttach/XmlAttach.cs:
CS0019: Line 2375: Operator '>=' cannot be applied to operands of type 'Syst
em.DateTime' and 'long'
+ Customs/XmlSpawner/XmlSpawner Core/XmlPropsGumps/XmlSetGump.cs:
CS1502: Line 271: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Gumps.SetBody
Gump.SetBodyGump(System.Reflection.PropertyInfo, Server.Mobile, object, System.C
ollections.Generic.Stack<Server.Gumps.StackEntry>, int, System.Collections.Array
List)' has some invalid arguments
CS1503: Line 271: Argument 4: cannot convert from 'System.Collections.Stack'
to 'System.Collections.Generic.Stack<Server.Gumps.StackEntry>'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

fwiffo

Sorceror
Just read the posts before yours, I can't support runuo 2.5 unless someone sends me SERVER source code, not executables.

WillieZeke

Sorceror
oook so where do i get 2.6 and how do i switch them OR whats the server SOURCE code look like for me to send it to you and how do i send? dropbox?

fwiffo

Sorceror
PM me or just write here :)

the >2.6 release of msturgil can be found here, the 2.5 is to be found prepackaged, you'll have to use some merge tool to save your scripts if you have written something, otherwise just use that or even better: use servuo

If you have SERVER sources send them to me, so I can add support for the 2.5 msturgil core/scripts that actually I don't have.

WillieZeke

Sorceror
I would prefer to send to you so it can be supported so other people wont have this issue but im not sure what the source code looks like to send to you. If you can explain to me what i am looking for to send you would be great help. Like if you know what the name of the file containing the source code or something like that. Because i do not know what the source code is... Im newb.............. do you mean send the whole 2.5 zip? or send a specific file from the zip?

fwiffo

Sorceror
If you have server sources (NOT scripts!) you can try to recompile substituting the scriptcompiler.cs file I have put in here...

Otherwise just use the attached server binary, that has been recompiled with the option needed for runuo mods to work with this xmlspawner.

Attachments

• ScriptCompiler.cs
    19.7 KB · Views: 1
  • server.7z
    180.5 KB · Views: 4

WillieZeke

Sorceror
OH K lol..... i do not understand anything you said above... can you explain in newb language??? do you mean just copy\paste those 2 things you put ^ there? or???? sorry i know i am a hassle and easily confused by terminology i dont understand :(

WillieZeke

Sorceror
OMG! ty so much working perfectly (i think) i spawned a banker seems to be working !!! man you guys are amazing with a bunch of weird looking stuff that looks like gibberish to me !!! I am very appreciative !!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

zartanian

Sorceror
I would like to start off with saying you did an amazing job! Arte would proud to see how you have kept his work alive!!

Regarding your system I was trying to import some old spawns I made years ago that are in a .xml format. When I try to load them with [xmlload <<file name>>.xml I get a message file cannot be found. I am not sure if this is a limitation of the system or a error I am making. Any help would be appreciated.

Dian

Sorceror
It may just be not finding the directory. Are your xml spawn files in the root folder/spawns? or whatever the folder is, going from memory, and thats not always accurate :p

You could look at the script where the command is coded, and chack that it looks for that directory first. You may need to do the command, [xmllolad spawns/<file name> or something of the sort.

I really should verify stuff before I spit it out.. sorry if its way off.

zartanian

Sorceror
I know location is correct as I can load files from the same directory created with the "New XML Spawner" they are just in a different format. I am thinking I am overlooking something so simple.

I knew was going to be something simple lol

[xmlload does the trick just needed to move .xml into a folder