RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You think yours is the best? Explain!

Paxton407

Wanderer
You think yours is the best? Explain!

Hey fellas..and ladies..

I'm an old time UO junkie that is somewhat coming out of retirement. I've been with the UO community since Phase 2 Beta. Did the whole OSI thing for a while, then moved on to Emulators after Renn. started sucking...

I've used PoL and ToS before then....

since I'm coming back...tell me now, why RunUO?

What are THE top emulators now? just PoL and RunUO?

I'm looking to run a shard with probablyt a population of around 30-50 players...nothing huge, but we've got some very specific ideas in mind..

I'm decent with scripting...I'm not big on the C# coding, which means I'll have to learn everything as I go...

What should I do? Tell me the pros and cons, help me make a decision, and I'll buy you some cookies!

Paxton

TMSTKSBK

Lord
What is this...Pol?

There is only one UO Emu -- RunUO

noobie said:
RunUO isn't an emulator...

eh? Yes it is...

To answer your question:

1. You can do anything you want to do with RunUO. You can modify UO until it is unrecognizable as such.

2. You can host up to 5000 players if you wanted to. RunUO is rock-solid.

3. With 45,000 members & 1,000 active ones, RunUO has a large support base.

4. Problems with a script? No worries! Bring it here and we will help you fix it.

5. Simple operation.

So, as you can see, RunUO will allow you to do anything you heart desires. Feel free to ask questions about specific features, and I'll try to answer them.

Cons? I don't know of any.

bzk90

Lord
the competition isnt between emulators anymore

its osi vs runuo, pol and sphere cant compete with their lazy dev teams

there are several cheap rips from runuo like the russian edition created by wyatt, who cracked the runuo core before it went open sourced

theres sunuo and a few other ones to, all saying they do it better then runuo but in fact they are liars

runuo is realy the only option if you want as close to EA out of the box, and its also the most customizable and reliable

DaLaw66

Sorceror
Also, we don't think we're the best. We are.
With that said, download the server, try it, that should answer all your questions, and also prove RunUO is the best.

Joeku

Lord
bzk90 said:
the competition isnt between emulators anymore

its osi vs runuo, pol and sphere cant compete with their lazy dev teams

there are several cheap rips from runuo like the russian edition created by wyatt, who cracked the runuo core before it went open sourced

theres sunuo and a few other ones to, all saying they do it better then runuo but in fact they are liars

runuo is realy the only option if you want as close to EA out of the box, and its also the most customizable and reliable
I have a question... I heard about SunUO somewhere, I think someone E-mailed me... what is it exactly?

bzk90

Lord
using any spin off from runuo is not recomended, you are much better off using the original as the community is large enough to help you with almost any problem you may encounter