RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Computer When You Started Playing UO

Your Computer When You Started Playing UO

What was your computer like when you started playing uo? What were its specs?

Mine was a pentium 2 333mhz, 128mb of ram. 2gig hard drive.

Alcyone

Sorceror
300 Mhz
128 mg ram
40 gig hd
4x cd rom.
HP

Barely Ran UO, but it got us there. Plus we where on dial up.
Hi, How's everyone?

Tru

Knight
You really expect people to remember thier comps from years ago?

Sorry don't remember mine. I do know it sucked compared to now.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
P3 256 ram 20GB hd onboard video and audio

But I bought it myself ^_^ so it was the most amazing machine evar

I remember the first computer I got was a Pentium like 100mhz, I wrecked that computer bad. I remember I was like trying to "clean up" the hard drive and was deleting like all the files on it, including the files in the windows directory, and then I restarted it and it never booted up again. I tried for ever to figure out how to fix it. If I went back in time, I could fix it in less than 35-60 mins. lol, but then again, if I could go back I probably would just stop myself from that stuff in the first place.

When I started playing we had a gateway with 28.8k dial up (Fastest at the time in the area) intel i133 processor (thats not even 133mhz I dont think lol) a 2.5gb hard drive which UO took a large potion of and a whopping 32mb of ram with win 95.

And I will say the game was pretty much unplayable in those days. There were huge amounts of players and you couldn't even move at the bank.

Courageous

Wanderer
And I will say the game was pretty much unplayable in those days. There were huge amounts of players and you couldn't even move at the bank.

That is, of course, unless you had a cable modem. :)

Although I jest. It wasn't just b/w. The servers were often lagged then.

C//

I have a pentium 4 3ghz with 768mb of ram, some geforce4 video card, If i did anything else but play uo, I would probably upgrade, but I can't seem to justify getting anything better.

Courageous;721018 said:

That is, of course, unless you had a cable modem. :)

Although I jest. It wasn't just b/w. The servers were often lagged then.

C//

at the time cable was not an option it was super high priced and only people with cash or that were in an area with remotely affordable cable could use it.

Then again I'm talking about ten years ago...

Courageous

Wanderer
Midnightdragon;721078 said:
at the time cable was not an option it was super high priced and only people with cash or that were in an area with remotely affordable cable could use it.

It wasn't any more high priced than now. It was just nearly impossible to get. Luckily I was in a "test market" area at the time. :)

One of my online friends at the time had a T1. Hah. Now that was high priced.

C//

crackrat

Wanderer
Compaq 133 mhz. what I remember the most was how well it flew off the cliff when it met its final fate;).......that wasnt my first computer but it was the one i first played UO on.....first computer Sinclair Z80....:D

Courageous;721148 said:
It wasn't any more high priced than now. It was just nearly impossible to get. Luckily I was in a "test market" area at the time. :)

One of my online friends at the time had a T1. Hah. Now that was high priced.

C//

Well yeah your actually right but compare the economy ten years ago to what it is now. Minimum wage is 7.15 these days back then it was probably still 3.xx or 4.xx and the price of cable was alot.

Right now I am on 10MB cable for 60 bucks a month. The speed of cable for the price has changed alot I can tell you that lol

Makaar

Sorceror
I don't recall all of it, but I remember:

Gateway
-32mb graphics card..
-200ish mb ram...
-56k modem

Man, I remember throwing hissy fits (yes hissy fits) when the game would lag and then I lose connection.